+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I recenly been approved nexus card using my Refugee Travel Document. On ttp portal my citizenship proof and my passport information shown as my national passport. Both CBSA and CBP did not ask it about that. Can I travel with nexus card and Refugee Travel document while my national passports information is recorded in my nexus profile?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long is the processing time now-a-days for Conditional Approval?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on Dec 01st and still waiting for conditional approval. I guess it is taking more time and also based on each and every individual's profile.
Right, hopefully the conditional is around the corner.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Applied on Aug. 4, 2022 and still waiting for conditional approval today... Is it normal? Is there any way that we may contact someone to know the case status?

sanepushkar

Jun 12, 2017
Hi everyone. I applied for Nexus in June 2022. Still pending conditional approval. Is this considered normal? It's still withing the 12-14 months processing time that's listed on their website but people here have received approvals within ~6 months.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
The Whirlpool Bridge in NY location had both CBP and CBSA officers
First it was CBP folks and then CBSA one
They just asked for the Canadian passport since I mentioned that in my application
They asked do you know @wincanton I said Naah man, not at all. They instantly approved it;)
Ok on a serious note.
First interview was done by CBP at the enrolment centre (EC)
- They asked me why am I applying for this card
-They verified the info with you on the application.
-I had a few corrections ie countries that I travelled since 2018. I had entered additional countries which I wanted them to remove which they did.
-I requested them to update my job profile title, that was updated as well
-Then they took a picture(which goes on the card) and the biometrics (fingerprints)
-They explained the benefits of the TSA Pre-check and Global Entry. They also mentioned that if you are crossing eg Whirlpool bridge with other travellers all of them need to have Nexus card with them to cross this bridge.
-They informed me of the validity of the card which is 5 years and expiration will be date of birth. The card can be renewed as early as up to a year before expiry
- I was informed card will be mailed within 10 days to the mailbox
That was about it with CBP agent..
CBSA officer at the reception explained almost the same stuff (no biometrics or photos done by them). It was more like do’s and don’t and I was out of there within 15 mins
Got an email an hour later that the application has been approved
Went to Detroit Enrolment Center yesterday and done with Nexus card.
The Detroit Enrolment Center is bit of complicated place to find.
No Interview kind of questions by CBP and didn't see any Canadian CBSA person, just verifications & modifications of application contents.
I got approval email and Waiting for family members approval and mail-in card.

Reactions: abbas.pasha