App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I've applied Nexus last year on Feb 04, 2022 but it is "Pending Review" and stuck at "Wait for conditional approval"
Is there anyone who has spend over a year with same status?
Can I check with any agency for status\approval?
After 15 months of waiting I have conditional approval for my nexus application.
next step to book personal appointment for interview.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Few mins ago I got my conditional approval as well :)
I was lucky to get an appointment as well for tomorrow at the enrolment center at Whirlpool bridge in NY
@abbas.pasha bhai age piche hi chal rahe hai. Citizenship, passport, BLS shit of OCI and world of nexus.
ek chai ki piyali to banati hai ☕

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Few mins ago I got my conditional approval as well :)
I was lucky to get an appointment as well for tomorrow at the enrollment center at Whirlpool bridge in NY
Interview done with both CBP/US and CBSA/Canada at Whirlpool Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY.
Approval email received about an hour later.
Now the 10 day waiting period starts :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ron_ad123

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Interview done with both CBP/US and CBSA/Canada at Whirlpool Bridge, Niagara Falls, NY.
Approval email received about an hour later.
Now the 10 day waiting period starts :)
Appointment is booked for both sides of border? cbp and cbsa takes two interviews or documents verification sort of? What do they ask?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Appointment is booked for both sides of border? cbp and cbsa takes two interviews or documents verification sort of? What do they ask?
The Whirlpool Bridge in NY location had both CBP and CBSA officers
First it was CBP folks and then CBSA one
They just asked for the Canadian passport since I mentioned that in my application
They asked do you know @wincanton I said Naah man, not at all. They instantly approved it;)
Ok on a serious note.
First interview was done by CBP at the enrolment centre (EC)
- They asked me why am I applying for this card
-They verified the info with you on the application.
-I had a few corrections ie countries that I travelled since 2018. I had entered additional countries which I wanted them to remove which they did.
-I requested them to update my job profile title, that was updated as well
-Then they took a picture(which goes on the card) and the biometrics (fingerprints)
-They explained the benefits of the TSA Pre-check and Global Entry. They also mentioned that if you are crossing eg Whirlpool bridge with other travellers all of them need to have Nexus card with them to cross this bridge.
-They informed me of the validity of the card which is 5 years and expiration will be date of birth. The card can be renewed as early as up to a year before expiry
- I was informed card will be mailed within 10 days to the mailbox
That was about it with CBP agent..
CBSA officer at the reception explained almost the same stuff (no biometrics or photos done by them). It was more like do’s and don’t and I was out of there within 15 mins
Got an email an hour later that the application has been approved

Last edited:

ViniB

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Updated timeline from application submission to cards in mail:

Application submitted: April 13, 2023
Wife’s application submmited: April 14, 2023
Application conditionally approved: April 24, 2023
Wife’s application conditionally approved: April 25, 2023
Interview at border: April 28, 2023 (both me and my wife)
Wife’s approval notification: April 28, 2023
Approval notification: May 1, 2023
Both cards received in the mail: May 12, 2023

Reactions: Kayne

Canada_2022

Mar 7, 2022
Team - I applied for my Nexus in October 2022. It has been exactly 7 months but I haven't received my conditional approval yet. Is anyone else in the same boat? How long is it taking on average to get the conditional approval?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Team - I applied for my Nexus in October 2022. It has been exactly 7 months but I haven't received my conditional approval yet. Is anyone else in the same boat? How long is it taking on average to get the conditional approval?
I applied on Oct 5 and got the conditional approval (as I mentioned in my post above) on May 4. Interview done (Whirlpool Bridge, NY) and approval received on May 5

Reactions: Canada_2022

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
Hey,

I've a quick question. I want to apply Nexus and in the meantime my citizenship application is still ongoing (almost there; waiting oath)

Would it be wise to wait a little bit more and apply Nexus once I get citizenship/passport ? If I apply with my current status/passport, do I need to make any changes after my citizenship application processed ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey,

I've a quick question. I want to apply Nexus and in the meantime my citizenship application is still ongoing (almost there; waiting oath)

Would it be wise to wait a little bit more and apply Nexus once I get citizenship/passport ? If I apply with my current status/passport, do I need to make any changes after my citizenship application processed ?
Apply for Nexus once you get the Canadian passport

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
The Whirlpool Bridge in NY location had both CBP and CBSA officers
First it was CBP folks and then CBSA one
They just asked for the Canadian passport since I mentioned that in my application
They asked do you know @wincanton I said Naah man, not at all. They instantly approved it;)
Ok on a serious note.
First interview was done by CBP at the enrolment centre (EC)
- They asked me why am I applying for this card
-They verified the info with you on the application.
-I had a few corrections ie countries that I travelled since 2018. I had entered additional countries which I wanted them to remove which they did.
-I requested them to update my job profile title, that was updated as well
-Then they took a picture(which goes on the card) and the biometrics (fingerprints)
-They explained the benefits of the TSA Pre-check and Global Entry. They also mentioned that if you are crossing eg Whirlpool bridge with other travelers all of them need to have Nexus card with them to cross this bridge.
-They informed me of the validity of the card which is 5 years and expiration will be date of birth. The card can be renewed as early as up to a year before expiry
- I was informed card will be mailed within 10 days to the mailbox
That was about it with CBP agent..
CBSA officer at the reception explained almost the same stuff (no biometrics or photos done by them). It was more like do’s and don’t and I was out of there within 15 mins
Got an email an hour later that the application has been approved
Received the Nexus card yesterday by mail.

Reactions: Canada_2022

Canada_2022

Mar 7, 2022
I applied on Oct 5 and got the conditional approval (as I mentioned in my post above) on May 4. Interview done (Whirlpool Bridge, NY) and approval received on May 5
Hi Abbas,

Thank you for your reply. I applied towards the mid of October. Hopefully, my conditional approval will come through soon!

Reactions: abbas.pasha