+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Hi has anyone applied for NEXUS card recently? what are the wait times like? is there a separate forum about nexus applications?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi has anyone applied for NEXUS card recently? what are the wait times like? is there a separate forum about nexus applications?
Hi, Came across this post after a search.

I applied for Nexus as a PR last year in August and just got conditional approval today. I have friends who have applied since then and their approvals have come in days.

Reactions: mukicookie

hp92

Sep 7, 2021
Hi, Came across this post after a search.

I applied for Nexus as a PR last year in August and just got conditional approval today. I have friends who have applied since then and their approvals have come in days.
Hi @evdm , how did you enter the PR card number in the nexus application??

The application only allows you for a 8 digit number. My UCI is a ten digit number and card number is alphanumeric

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi @evdm , how did you enter the PR card number in the nexus application??

The application only allows you for a 8 digit number. My UCI is a ten digit number and card number is alphanumeric
I honestly cannot remember. It was a while ago.

My UCI is only 8 digits though.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
If one gets Nexus card on PR and then gets Canadian citizenship, can the Nexus be transferred ?Without having to reapply from start.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
If one gets Nexus card on PR and then gets Canadian citizenship, can the Nexus be transferred ?Without having to reapply from start.
I am in similar situation. Applied as Indian Citizen and now I am Canadian Citizen. I have my interview at Detroit this 22. Will there be any issue?

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I am in similar situation. Applied as Indian Citizen and now I am Canadian Citizen. I have my interview at Detroit this 22. Will there be any issue?
No, the offices at the Nexus interbiew office told me its fine, show them the new Canadian passport and they will make the changes, Maybe take a copy of the old Indian passport also.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
No, the offices at the Nexus interbiew office told me its fine, show them the new Canadian passport and they will make the changes, Maybe take a copy of the old Indian passport also.
Thanks. Any idea what they ask in interview here? I just have a reason that I might start working with US employer in near future (not sure) , but does this reason work or anything else they ask ?

doiena

Dec 10, 2021
Thanks. Any idea what they ask in interview here? I just have a reason that I might start working with US employer in near future (not sure) , but does this reason work or anything else they ask ?
You don't "need" a reason to apply for a NEXUS card. But they may ask you anything. Just relax and be honest. You should be fine.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
You don't "need" a reason to apply for a NEXUS card. But they may ask you anything. Just relax and be honest. You should be fine.
Thanks. Yeah, i thought the nexus was more for expedited entry to US , so they might ask why we need this. So was just checking.