+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps after online Citizenship test

raoulshrma

Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members,

Just wanted to check if anyone heard from CIC on next steps after giving their online citizenship test? I gave mine yesterday and received the standard automated email with my test score.

Any data point on next steps after the online test and the time taken for next steps would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: melito

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello members,

Just wanted to check if anyone heard from CIC on next steps after giving their online citizenship test? I gave mine yesterday and received the standard automated email with my test score.

Any data point on next steps after the online test and the time taken for next steps would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Someone on this FB group got oath invite after few days of passing test.

raoulshrma

Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone on this FB group got oath invite after few days of passing test.
Thank you for your response. I was wondering if we will have an interview. Looks like we won't. But guessing that's case by case.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Hello members,

Thanks
Would you like to share your experience on the exam? Was it proctored with web cam ON? How strict are they when it comes to online testing? Please share

raoulshrma

Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you like to share your experience on the exam? Was it proctored with web cam ON? How strict are they when it comes to online testing? Please share
Yes, the webcam was on for the entire exam duration which runs for 30 mins but I finished it in 8 mins. They take pictures randomly throughout the exam to ensure there is no cheating.

Not sure how do l quantify their strictness but given that this is for my Citizenship I didn't even look anywhere else other than my monitor.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Yes, the webcam was on for the entire exam duration which runs for 30 mins but I finished it in 8 mins. They take pictures randomly throughout the exam to ensure there is no cheating.

Not sure how do l quantify their strictness but given that this is for my Citizenship I didn't even look anywhere else other than my monitor.
Right. Thanks for your reply. Do they also control screen or record activities on screen?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Right. Thanks for your reply. Do they also control screen or record activities on screen?
I believe that no one wants to attempt using multiple tabs/windows to avoid issues in their test. Not sure why you are interested in these as we just need to complete the test without any problem as testing itself is a rare thing in this pandemic and we dont want to mess it up by trying these things which we are not supposed to do(, which is not going to help us in any way except that it will lead us to disqualify the whole test).

Just keep one window with one tab. Finish the test. Thats it. why do we want to know if they allow multiple tabs/windows. We dont need to know. By seeing the posts like this will make others curious and they will loose the chance on testing or even CIC will cancel testing for everyone. So please dont ask more on it and lets not try unnecessary things or make others to become more creative while attending test.

Reactions: YVR123

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
I believe that no one wants to attempt using multiple tabs/windows to avoid issues in their test. Not sure why you are interested in these as we just need to complete the test without any problem as testing itself is becoming a rare scenario in this pandemic and we dont want to mess it up by trying the things thats not required to do.
Thanks for your reply. I only asked for your experience during testing. I never said I am going to open multiple tabs during the exams -- so no need to jump into conclusions please.

For your information,, many of us use work laptops and there are certain securities, restrictions, firewalls etc that do not allow you to do something. I was interested to know that. And yes I do not have my own laptop/computer. Anyway, thanks for your insight.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for your reply. I only asked for your experience during testing. I never said I am going to open multiple tabs during the exams -- so no need to jump into conclusions please.

For your information,, many of us use work laptops and there are certain securities, restrictions, firewalls etc that do not allow you to do something. I was interested to know that. And yes I do not have my own laptop/computer. Anyway, thanks for your insight.
I am not telling that you would but i just want to make sure we all get our test invites and complete the test ;).
thanks for clarification.

raoulshrma

Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they dont record the screen or control it. However I've read that the application can detect if multiple tabs are open and then it will send a warning on your screen and instruction to fix it.

More on that here, read under unusual activities : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html

Reactions: Ahmed15