+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next Steps after medical examination

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Hi all, I am sponsoring my wife and her daughter. I am Canadian citizen and I was approved as Sponsor of them in December. My wife sent police certificates and both were taken their biometrics. They were also required recently the medical examination. What are the next steps? are they near to get the permanent resident visa?
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Hi all, I am sponsoring my wife and her daughter. I am Canadian citizen and I was approved as Sponsor of them in December. My wife sent police certificates and both were taken their biometrics. They were also required recently the medical examination. What are the next steps? are they near to get the permanent resident visa?
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yes, you are near the end of the steps. They won't update on GC Key (I found out that I passed my background check in first week of December, but they didn't update the GC Key until last week of January when my passport was already on it's way back to me and they told me that I was approved).

If your biometrics are valid, you'll get your return of the $85 if you paid it, then they'll send you a letter that is both your proof, and their recommendation, that you take pre-arrival services, which are a bunch of webinars and video calls teaching you how to get your foreign education and work experience checked and recognised in Canada, how to apply for SIN, health insurance, housing, banks, etc... and some other moderately useful stuff like loans for the recognition process and also skipping the L and N requirements if they have driver license for 2 - 15 years.

Then you'll get your passport submission request. And after that you'll get it back and you can come to Canada whenever you want.