+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXT STEP AFTER RECEIVING LMIA

bailey22

Nov 3, 2020
Dear Team,

Kindly advise me when I received LMIA from canada, what documents required to submit VFS please give me advise.
I have a Consultant who did all the filing and submission for me. Here’s what she asked me to submit.

1) Work Permit Application
2) Family Declaration
3) Passport Copy
4) Photocopies of old passports, travel/visa stamps
5) LMIA Number
6) Diploma/TOR
7) Certificate of Employment
8) Letter of Reference
9) Pay stub/promotion letter/employment contract/bank book where your salary is deposited/contribution/taxes
10) 3 months bank statement
11) Criminal/Police Records or Certificate

I even submitted my certificate award, certificate of trainings and other documents even if not asked :)

Last edited:

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I submitted mine myself. Fill the form and you will get a list of documents to complete and submit.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello!
My brother just received a job offer with approved LMIA here in Canada. His TRV Visa is still valid for the next 8 years. He just submitted his application to extend his stay for the next 6 months. While his current 6 months stay expires on the 3rd March 2024. He's very optimistic that his extension will be approved again.
According to him, he was told that he can drive to a near-by Canada / USA boarder. To have have his work permit approved same day at the boarder. My question is: Is this really possible to have Work Permit application submitted and approved within Canada at the boarder?
And if the answer is yes, as I guess, What documents should he go with to the boarder to apply for the work permit and have it approved same day at the boarder to resume his first new work in Canada immediately?
Thanks for the help as usual.
Regards,
Wisdom7.