+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXT STEP AFTER RECEIVING LMIA

marjo ri co

Jan 22, 2015
Hi, good day to all. I applied as a caregiver in Canada, i received my lmia together with my contract last January 17 through email. I signed the contract and sent it back but they didn't inform me about the next thing to do after signing the contract. Anyone please help. .

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
marjo ri co said:
Hi, good day to all. I applied as a caregiver in Canada, i received my lmia together with my contract last January 17 through email. I signed the contract and sent it back but they didn't inform me about the next thing to do after signing the contract. Anyone please help. .

You need to apply for your work permit. Do you need a visa to enter Canada? If yes, you must apply for your work permit at the visa office for your country. If you do not need a visa to enter Canada you can get your work permit at your point of entry into Canada.

Take a look at the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

marjo ri co

Jan 22, 2015
Thank u butterflychemist.. i will apply for my work permit when i arrive in Canada if God's will. For now I'm gathering my documents so i can pass it immediately. By the way aside from diploma, tor, prc documents, police clearance and nbi what are the other documents to be pass? Thank u

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
marjo ri co said:
Thank u butterflychemist.. i will apply for my work permit when i arrive in Canada if God's will. For now I'm gathering my documents so i can pass it immediately. By the way aside from diploma, tor, prc documents, police clearance and nbi what are the other documents to be pass? Thank u
If you are from the Philippines then you can't apply for the work permit when you arrived in Canada. You have to apply for the work permit before you travel to Canada.

marjo ri co

Jan 22, 2015
scylla said:
If you are from the Philippines then you can't apply for the work permit when you arrived in Canada. You have to apply for the work permit before you travel to Canada.
Hi, I'm here in Saudi Arabia and my point of entry is here also..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
marjo ri co said:
Hi, I'm here in Saudi Arabia and my point of entry is here also..
It doesn't matter where you are. What matters is what passport you hold. If you need a visa to enter Canada based on the passport you hold, then you cannot apply for the work permit from Canada. You must apply for the work permit before traveling to Canada.

What passport do you hold?

marjo ri co

Jan 22, 2015
Philippine passport.. i did not passed application online, my aunt in Canada just pass my application in an agency there then find an employer. I ask her also about work permit if i should apply here but she said i will apply when i get there rather pass my documents in embassy because what i need is visa only. I really don't know what to follow I'm really confuse. And I'm trying to open the work permit form but unfortunately i can't. I'm sorry for bothering you.. thank you

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
marjo ri co said:
Philippine passport.. i did not passed application online, my aunt in Canada just pass my application in an agency there then find an employer. I ask her also about work permit if i should apply here but she said i will apply when i get there rather pass my documents in embassy because what i need is visa only. I really don't know what to follow I'm really confuse. And I'm trying to open the work permit form but unfortunately i can't. I'm sorry for bothering you.. thank you
I was working in Dubai before coming in Canada.. I needed to apply Work Permit and TRV from Abu dhabi Canada Embassy they will stamp your TRV on your passport once your work permit application is approved (with Valid LMIA) then that work permit itself will be printed infront of you in Canada port of entry after a brief interview upon your arrival..

You must apply first for work permit as they will give you a letter to show the port of Entry that shows you have a work permit approved. Work Permit In UAE Canada Embassy takes 2 months or so.. I assumed SAUDI ARABIA applicants has to submit their application to UAE by Post Mail.. Not so sure if CIC has an office in KSA nowadays.

(*Only VISA exempt countries can get Work Permit - Flag pole in port of Entry - Eg; USA UK and so on..)

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp

This Will help you..

Coconutmom

Oct 10, 2018
Hi, similar case here. My husband has a valid temporary resident visa (tourist visa), his LMIA and job contract was mailed to him from a Canadian employer.

Can he apply for the the work permit straight away upon arrival or port of entry in Canada? His documents are all complete with police and medical clearance, his job is categorized as low skilled or no training required in Prince Edward.

Advise on this pleas. Many thanks!

bettyboop19!

Aug 18, 2019
Hi, is there anyone can help me? i received an approved LMIA from my agency here in UAE. My consultant said that it will take 6-9mos for processing of WORK PERMIT is this true because i am here in UAE?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’d post the job offer /LMIA taking out any personal information
Was there money exchanged for the LMIA ?
Did you already get a TRV ?
As mentioned above if you have a visa exempt passport the work permit will be issued at POE , otherwise in UAE in your situation

Last edited:

Abdul Khader

Sep 30, 2020
Dear Team,

Kindly advise me when I received LMIA from canada, what documents required to submit VFS please give me advise.