+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next step after receiving fingerprint

Blue Bird

Nov 21, 2017
Hi Friends,
Does anyone know how long it takes CIC to resume processing C.A after receiving fingerprint from RCMP? and what would be the next step?
Thanks,

Reactions: Iksameera

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi Friends,
Does anyone know how long it takes CIC to resume processing C.A after receiving fingerprint from RCMP? and what would be the next step?
Thanks,
Did you do finger prints after test or before test ? I was asked to do after test and they received on 7 dec from RCMP. My status changed to decision made on 3 January

So next step is decision made if you did finger prints after test and it takes like 3-4 weeks. Good luck!!

Blue Bird

Nov 21, 2017
Did you do finger prints after test or before test ? I was asked to do after test and they received on 7 dec from RCMP. My status changed to decision made on 3 January

So next step is decision made if you did finger prints after test and it takes like 3-4 weeks. Good luck!!
finger prints

I received fingerprints correspondence after my ECAS showed that my application is in (in process ) stage.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
finger prints

I received fingerprints correspondence after my ECAS showed that my application is in (in process ) stage.
Did the come up together on your ECAS or there was a gap (hours or days) ?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
finger prints

ok. That means you have not received test invitation. So next step will be test invite. There is no time frame for that as how long will it take.

My case was different as I received finger print request after test..

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
ok. That means you have not received test invitation. So next step will be test invite. There is no time frame for that as how long will it take.

My case was different as I received finger print request after test..
I am in the same boat. Did my fingerprints on Dec 7, and no movement since. I guess patience is a virtue... :)

-A.

Reactions: peacebird

horus100

Oct 31, 2017
I did my fingerprint but did not receive it yet, my 30 days notice almost finished.
My bad luck because I receive the request in the holiday season.
I think I have to call CIC to tell them why I delayed

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I am in the same boat. Did my fingerprints on Dec 7, and no movement since. I guess patience is a virtue... :)

-A.
Buddy are you decision made yet or not. I just called CIC call centre, she told me all verifications are done and sooner or later I will get oath?

What is your processing office ? I am from Missisauga office ?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017

-A.
One clarification. I did my finger prints on Nov 30 and they received on Dec 07 from RCMP. Call centre agent told me this

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
I think the fingerprints and processing are separate!
A friend of mine got his fingerprint request on one day, and just by the following day even before he sends the fingerprints he got the test invitation.
So, I think all these steps, from fingerprints, testing, are all within the "processing" of the application.
The citizenship application is technically "under process" till the day of the Oath.

Reactions: elie72

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
A friend of mine got his fingerprint request on one day, and just by the following day even before he sends the fingerprints he got the test invitation.
So, I think all these steps, from fingerprints, testing, are all within the "processing" of the application.
The citizenship application is technically "under process" till the day of the Oath.
It depends when you get the finger prints request, before or after the test!

Last edited:

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Completely agree! It happened with me. I received FP on Nov 01 and test invitation on Nov 09. I did FP on Nov 07. you re totally correct.

Reactions: Miladb

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I did my fingerprint but did not receive it yet, my 30 days notice almost finished.
My bad luck because I receive the request in the holiday season.
I think I have to call CIC to tell them why I delayed
What you have not received ?

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Buddy are you decision made yet or not. I just called CIC call centre, she told me all verifications are done and sooner or later I will get oath?

What is your processing office ? I am from Missisauga office ?
I am in the Toronto (St. Clair) office. I am still "in process", and waiting for the test invite.

-A.