+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newspaper or Internet search?

Adri

Dec 27, 2009
Hello all

are internet searches for housing in Canada better than local newspapers? which offers the most options to choose from?

calgary1

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Adri,

Internet is better & more effective then newspaper. You can check kijiji or craiglist for housing.

Adri

Dec 27, 2009
calgary1 said:
Hi Adri,

Internet is better & more effective then newspaper. You can check kijiji or craiglist for housing.
Thanks Calgary, do you if it is possible to rent an apartment for a short term period, like 3 months or so? upon my landing I would probabaly just want to rent something for the time being or until I look and find something where I feel more fit, don't want to feel tied to an appartment for 6 months or more

do you know?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are some places you can rent by the week or maybe month to month.

As for newspaper or internet, you should check both. Many apartments are only listed on the internet while others are only in the paper.

Adri

Dec 27, 2009
calgary1 said:
In which city you are planning to land ?
Montreal, my application was processed through the Quebec program, but I don't want to engage in long term with an appartment for the first year after my arrival because the adaptation process can lead me elsewhere.

Adri

Dec 27, 2009
Leon said:
There are some places you can rent by the week or maybe month to month.

As for newspaper or internet, you should check both. Many apartments are only listed on the internet while others are only in the paper.
Thanks Leon, you seem know a lot : )

what would you say is a reasonable pay rent for a modest but decent studio appartment (just for me) in Montreal? and would you recommend booking it before landing for a short term perdiod like three months? I just think that upon my landing it can get a little overwhelming to find a place to live and find a job and everything elsed at the same time etc. Maybe if i have a place to live after I land will help me adapt faster.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's generally not a good idea to take something unseen. Rather book at a motel for a week or two while you look for a place. I don't know what is a reasonable rent in Montreal. Look at ads and derive it from there.