+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newly Married but not Living Together

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I am looking for an opinion. I got married on 22nd December 2017. My wife is a brithish citizen and lives and works in England. I however, am based in Hungary on a work permit (Pakistan Passport holder). We are both employed and have not moved in together yet.

Our marriage is registered in Pakistan and I have a marriage certificate to prove that.

I would like to know if this can raise an eye brow that we are not living together yet? For me to move to England, my wife would have to apply for a spouse visa. Processing time of which is aprox 4 months. So we thought its better not to apply for that as we want to immigrate to Canada.

Your suggestions are most welcome. Have a great weekend, all.

:)

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
It dosent matter whether you are living together or not. Its matter only whether the spouse is accompanying to Canada. If so, you need to provide valid marriage certificate. All processing would be done at primary applicants address and country. (it can be you or your spouse)

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
It dosent matter whether you are living together or not. Its matter only whether the spouse is accompanying to Canada. If so, you need to provide valid marriage certificate. All processing would be done at primary applicants address and country. (it can be you or your spouse)
Thank you for your suggestion :)

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi Anoop,

One thing more, do you think its a good idea that I add a paragraph about the current living situation (us living in different countries)?
Or you think its self explainatory and I donot need to include this info?

Thanks