+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newfoundland AOR, BOWP & PR Help Needed, Plzzzzzzzzzz

shona1984

Aug 31, 2014
Hello all...i need some serious help, i will highly appreciate if you can help to clear my confusion and guide me with your experience.

I have received positive LMO with following details.

- Positive LMO: Yes (via Pre-approved)
- Category: NOC B
- State: Newfoundland
- Duration: 1 Year

Obviously i wish to apply for PR, but the issue that the LMO is only for 1 Year. Here are my questions, kindly guide me.

- Once i reach to Newfoundland, after how much time i can apply for PR?
- Once the application is submitted how long it takes to get PR in Newfoundland?
- If i don't get PR during my visa and i come back to my country, am i still eligible to get PR and go back if i get PR?

On the other hand, what if i put the PR file and also apply for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) once i get Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). In that case i guess i can stay there till i get PR. In this case...

- How long it takes to get Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) if i put my file from inside Newfoundland

Thanks in advance, God Bless...!

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
You said you have a LMO. This means that when you apply for work permit, you should be able to get one which is at least valid for two years. Two years is good enough for you to become a permanent residence of this wonderful province.

Most importantly, you should have worked for a period of six months in the province of NL to apply for their PNP program.

Once you apply, it normally takes 3 to 4 months to receive the nomination.

And yes, do not forget to brush up your Newfie slang!! ;)