+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newfoundland and Labrador PNP

solosjmn

Jul 12, 2023
Hi! Anyone applied PNP in Newfoundland and Labrador? My application says 'undergoing assessment'. I'm kinda nervous.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Yes I applied for NLPNP in Jan 2022 and got COPR in Jan 2023. Which stage are you at? Is this your application to the provincial office? It takes roughly 1.5 months or less to get the nomination. When did you apply?

solosjmn

Jul 12, 2023
Yes I applied for NLPNP in Jan 2022 and got COPR in Jan 2023. Which stage are you at? Is this your application to the provincial office? It takes roughly 1.5 months or less to get the nomination. When did you apply?
Hello! First of all, thank you for replying to me. I applied on July 6. Then they asked me for other documents last July 10, I submitted the other documents in the same day. I checked the website today (July 20) and it's still 'undergoing assessment'. Will they send an email if you're approved? Thank you!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Ok great, your still still within the processing time. The last step in the process they will ask you to provide a written response to some questions (eg. why do you want to live in newfoundland?). Once you reply to those questions, it would take another 2 weeks for a final decision. The online portal will be updated and your immigration officer will send you a confirmation email with the nomination certificate in it.

solosjmn

Jul 12, 2023
Ok great, your still still within the processing time. The last step in the process they will ask you to provide a written response to some questions (eg. why do you want to live in newfoundland?). Once you reply to those questions, it would take another 2 weeks for a final decision. The online portal will be updated and your immigration officer will send you a confirmation email with the nomination certificate in it.
Thank you very much! When did you arrive in Canada? Also, after having PR card, you applied for visa?
Also, I already have an employer in Canada and contract. Is it possible to apply in Express Entry after I get my nomination certificate?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I will answer the last part first. Yes you can add your nomination certificate to your express entry profile depending on which stream you were nominated in. The certificate will say whether or not it can be added to express entry. For the first part, When you are a permanent resident and you received your PR card in the mail you do not need any Canadian visa to travel. In fact all of your temporary resident visas would become invalid once they issued the COPR. So if you are in canada and get the COPR, you will need to wait for the PR card before you can travel outside. The only difference is when you apply through an Embassy in your home country. If the Embassy processes your COPR, they will automatically issue a one-time PR visa for you to land in Canada.

Reactions: solosjmn

solosjmn

Jul 12, 2023
Hi! Good day. Thank you very much for the information! I'm still waiting for my Nomination Certificate.