Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Retail Sales $15-18/hr

Seeking dynamic rep for Pearson Intl Airport. Must be matured/well groomed with previous sales exp. Flex work hrs. Management opportunity available.

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
PHP Developer

This is a work from home opportunity.. just one small request please send cv to rinks25us@gmail.com with subject line PHP developer:

Minimum of two years of professional experience in the following technologies:

Proficiency with PHP/MySQL applications.
Proficiency with Ajax, JavaScript, HTML, XHTML, XML and CSS.
Ability to work with frameworks and vendor supplied API’s.\
The interview will be tough, you will be asked to demonstrate problem solving abilities in real world situations.

Requirements:

Responsibilities include:
Web and application programming.
Upkeep and maintenance of existing code.
Utilize new technologies to develop new applications.
Design and code new applications to improve business processes.
Maintain multiple websites for internal and external use.
Proven ability to provide project comments and documentation
Personality Requirements: • Strong analytical skills – ability to translate data to strategy • Ability to think creatively and strategically • Excellent organization and time management skills • Visual design skills are a strong plus • Conceptual thinking, presentation skills at a high level. • A drive for wanting to build products from the user's point of view • Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal assistance from fellow team members • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work and communicate pro-actively with business owners, and clients

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
.Net Developer

Two years experience; college degree helpful. • A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience; • Minimum of 1-2 years web application development experience using technologies including C#, ASP.NET, JavaScript, HTML, SQL Server • Analysis for the development and implementation of Web applications using ASP.NET, C#, JavaScript, AJAX, XML, XSL, XSLT, XHTML and SQL Server • Knowledge of Web Services and SOAP/WSDL. • Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience with Transact-SQL, stored procedures, functions, and triggers. • Previous experience with Java, C++, is preferred but not required. • Certifications in web development technologies such as C# or web services preferred, but not required • Strong system design skills with an emphasis on object-oriented design. Responsibilities Include: • Web and application programming • upkeep and maintenance of existing code • Utilize new technologies to develop new applications • Design and code new applications to improve business processes • Maintain multiple websites for internal and external use.

Responsibilities: • Strong analytical skills – ability to translate data to strategy. • Ability to think creatively and strategically. • Excellent organization and time management skills. • Visual design skills are a strong plus. • Conceptual thinking, presentation skills at a high level. • A drive to build products from the user's point of view. • Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal assistance from fellow team members. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to work and communicate pro-actively with business owners, and clients.

Please send your cv to rinks25us@gmail.com with subject line .Net Developer

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
qorax said:
Data Entry Position

Work Hrs.: Full time, 9-5
Salary: $13/hr + Benefits

Pls email resume to: jobs @ caftl.ca
Hi Qorax,
I hope you remember me. I mailed you earlier too related to my Job Hunting. I am here from last 2 months and not doing anything since then. I am really concern now.
I am ready to work on any IT related Job. I am QA Tester by profession and looking for Jobs in same field. If would not get in that can join any other field too.
Please guide what way I should proceed now and if it requires any meetings to attend I can do that as well.
Please do guide me and if you can post any Job related to my field please do update me.
I wud b thankful to u.
Regards
Meena

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Hi Qorax,
I hope you remember me. I mailed you earlier too related to my Job Hunting. I am here from last 2 months and not doing anything since then. I am really concern now.
I am ready to work on any IT related Job. I am QA Tester by profession and looking for Jobs in same field. If would not get in that can join any other field too.
Please guide what way I should proceed now and if it requires any meetings to attend I can do that as well.
Please do guide me and if you can post any Job related to my field please do update me.
I wud b thankful to u.
Regards
Meena
Ma'am,

I know quite a few IT guys here who have fetched jobs [in their field] with a few months of landing. Some have changed their jobs too within 4-5 months of working @ one... for better pay & perks... Anushauc [on this forum] is one such. Besides, Ankit [again on this forum] - who landed a week back - has already fetched a job [he's an IT guy as well - and has got into the same work profile that he was performing in India]... check his thread.

Thus, I am not sure what u r upto - but 2 months r enough to get into something... and something it should be [initially], just to boost-up our morale & commence that [all important] Canadian Experience.

R u applying everywhere? Thru Kijiji, Workopolis, indeed.ca etc., as well as hitting the local classifieds [like Mississauga News]. R u constantly monitoring the local Bulletin Boards? Have u started networking? Have u attended the neighborhood Newcomer Centre's Job Assistance programmes? Meanwhile, why don't u also start Coop? Many of those Volunteering Placements convert into full-time jobs in 3-4 months... I know of few who r well positioned now [post those programs].

Send me a PM.

Qorax

EDIT: Uhh, I just saw that u r in touch with Ankit [on his thread]... good!

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
qorax said:
Ma'am,

I know quite a few IT guys here who have fetched jobs [in their field] with a few months of landing. Some have changed their jobs too within 4-5 months of working @ one... for better pay & perks... Anushauc [on this forum] is one such. Besides, Ankit [again on this forum] - who landed a week back - has already fetched a job [he's an IT guy as well - and has got into the same work profile that he was performing in India]... check his thread.

Thus, I am not sure what u r upto - but 2 months r enough to get into something... and something it should be [initially], just to boost-up our morale & commence that [all important] Canadian Experience.

R u applying everywhere? Thru Kijiji, Workopolis, indeed.ca etc., as well as hitting the local classifieds [like Mississauga News]. R u constantly monitoring the local Bulletin Boards? Have u started networking? Have u attended the neighborhood Newcomer Centre's Job Assistance programmes? Meanwhile, why don't u also start Coop? Many of those Volunteering Placements convert into full-time jobs in 3-4 months... I know of few who r well positioned now [post those programs].

Send me a PM.

Qorax

EDIT: Uhh, I just saw that u r in touch with Ankit [on his thread]... good!
Hi,
Its always gr8 when I see yur reply and your suggestions to improve better.
Yes I am trying all different ways to find a Job, lets c how it works after meeting with ANkit.Today I am going to meet Coop Officec and wud try to gain ideas from them too. Batch wud start in next month, however in between i wud lkeep trying.
Thanks for everyrthinhg.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
St. Gabriel Centre
3750 Brandon Gate Drive Miss. ON L4T 3M8

http://www.dpcdsb.org/CEC/CNE/Adult+Centres/St+Gabriels+Centre/

Do Coop after 'landing'
Our [one of the] Best Resource towards getting a Canadian Experience... and [more often than not] a job!

Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Great Job Qorax,

Is it possible for you to post link of job sites here, so that one can post resume there...

Regards,
Mayank

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Entry level job for IT

Windows/Network Support Technician (Entry Level)

Join our technical support team of industry professionals in supporting state of the art hardware and software technology for the financial industry. We develop a quality software solution for the financial industry to support retail delivery, term deposits, mortgages/loans, investments and accounting systems.

Reporting to the Manager of Technical Infrastructure, you will be responsible for Network and Systems Administration primarily in our Windows 2003/2008 Server Active Directory/Desktop Domain
Responsibilities

The smooth and efficient day-to-day functioning of end-user computing and Systems/Network Operations.
Server and Desktop management: Windows 2003/2008 Server +Active Directory knowledge a must. Windows Desktop O/S – Windows 7 to Windows 2000, MS Exchange 2003, MS Office including Outlook (2003/2007/2010)
Network Operations: Diagnose and monitor network/VPN issues, 10/100/1000mb switches and hubs, print server and network printer installations, and maintenance
Data Backup: perform and monitor backups. Symantec Backup Exec knowledge and tape library management skills an asset.
UNIX/LINUX Experience an asset
Being on-call 24 hour support in emergency situations (cell phone)

Qualifications

Bachelors Degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent experience
MCSE or MCSA a definite asset
1-3 years experience working in a proven IT department or equivalent experience
Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and project/organization skills
Good customer service skills, and be a good team player
Knowledge of: Firewalls, modem communications, Cisco Systems hardware, etc.
Other IT Certifications would be an asset.

SIT offers competitive compensation, coupled with an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work with a dynamic leader in the financial services industry.
To Apply:

If you have the necessary skills and experience, please forward your resume to:

sitcareers @ stratinfotech.com

Important: Please ensure that the "Subject:" of your email includes title of the position you are applying for.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Great thread!!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Resume Writing Tips - for the Canadian Job Market

1. David Cohen's Tips: Our own CanadaVisa website itself has some nice tips to offer...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-employment-resume.html

2. Grand Resume: Nice exhaustive info here. At right side -in the end, there is a box on "Writing tips" check that...
http://grandresume.com/blog/resume-writing/how-to-write-a-canadian-resume

3. Example of Resumes: Here u'll also find one of your choice -Engineers Resume...
http://www.careerowlresources.ca/Resumes/Res_Frame.htm?res_power.htm~right

Hope that helped...
Qorax

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junior Programmer - Entry Level Career Opportunity, CORSENTIAL
GTA, ON, CANADA; Mississauga, ON, CANADA; North York, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Jun 8, 2011 1 Position(s)

Junior Programmer - Entry Level Career Opportunity

Just completed your programming diploma or degree? Looking for that first real career opportunity in a stable, industry leading company? Then consider becoming a Programmer with Corsential and launch your career in the right direction. Our business is growing and we need capable and enthusiastic Programmers to join our team.

Corsential is one of North America's largest market research companies specializing in Online and Telephone Market Research. We have been around for more than 38 years with five call centres, and nearly 100 full time staff. We are considered the industry leader in providing market researchers with quality research data. Our clients depend on us for data integrity and we depend on our programmers to deliver quality data. For more information on Corsential, please visit www.corsential.com

As a Corsential Programmer, you will serve our clients' needs by meeting their requirements in a professional and timely fashion, producing a product of highest quality. This is a fast paced personal growth opportunity for someone wanting to gain programming experience while at the same time enjoying the operational challenges in the Market Research industry. Programming excellence is critical to this position, but we do provide extensive training on the industry, the company and our systems. This is a role that will challenge you and reward you as you gain knowledge and experience.

Our Programmers work in Client-centric teams in an open, interactive, business-casual office environment. We are located within an easy walk from the Leslie / Sheppard subway station and parking is paid for those who choose to drive. We also offer a free membership to the onsite fitness facility.

Your Main Responsibilities:

Programming, testing and validation of telephone and online market research projects.
Provide accurate data and reports to our clients according to client's format specifications.
Ensure collected data meets quality and timing expectations.
Develop processes to automate and streamline data collection projects

Your Qualifications:

Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education Requirement: University or College Programming Degree.
Knowledge of PERL, Shell Scripting, HTML, Java Script, or SPSS would be an asset.
Ability to handle multiple tasks; detail-oriented; work well as a team member.
Desire to learn, grow and achieve in an innovative team environment

If you are ready to launch your career in this challenging and rewarding position,
please respond with a cover letter and resume to:

1220 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 201
Toronto, ON
M2K 2S5
DPjob-postings@corsential.com (please include "Junior Programmer" in the subject line)
Apply Via Email
DPjob-postings@corsential.com

zuma

Jun 12, 2011
I want to work in some entry level administrative assistant jobs in Toronto. but I did not studied this type of course and i have been an university graduate in economics . I have seen elsewhere that there are professional diploma like : Business Administrative professional , for example,courses offered by the some career college in Toronto. will these qualifications make us prepared for landing on those positions? could you please give us some idea on co-op program?

wishes

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zuma said:
I want to work in some entry level administrative assistant jobs in Toronto. but I did not studied this type of course and i have been an university graduate in economics . I have seen elsewhere that there are professional diploma like : Business Administrative professional , for example,courses offered by the some career college in Toronto. will these qualifications make us prepared for landing on those positions? could you please give us some idea on co-op program?

wishes
This is your best bet for "Coop".

qorax said:
St. Gabriel Centre
3750 Brandon Gate Drive Miss. ON L4T 3M8

http://www.dpcdsb.org/CEC/CNE/Adult+Centres/St+Gabriels+Centre/

Do Coop after 'landing'
Our [one of the] Best Resource towards getting a Canadian Experience... and [more often than not] a job!

Qorax