+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newcomer PR mortgage questions

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Tbh, Calgary's market is acting super weird. With the zoning relaxation in place, investors with millions in cash are out here trying to find properties they can flip. We were really hoping for it to be a lot more calmer (and it was little calm a month or two ago), but at this point everything became unpredictable. Inventory is a bit low right now with it being a bit competitive. I ended up bidding $40k less than listed and still won though. Not sure what your experience really was @Rach WLT ?
Mind if I ask why you came to Canada, and from where? You sound ultra prepared and like you didn't even need to adapt to this country because you somehow know what to expect...

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Mind if I ask why you came to Canada, and from where? You sound ultra prepared and like you didn't even need to adapt to this country because you somehow know what to expect...
No worries! About your questions:
1. My life had way more distractions back home and I just wanted to focus on work for now. I've been sleeping very peacefully ever since I landed here. For the next 4-5 years, I just want to work on growing in my career, growing my own companies, etc and can't be asked to deal with distractions.
2. I migrated from India. Was on H1B in the US a few years ago, was a good place, but didn't enjoyed living there for a few reasons that may not be worth getting into. Canada has COL issues, but it offers what a lot of other countries can't for us immigrants(e.g. acceptance).
3. Tbh, not ultra-prepared, I grind a lot and have a very supportive partner that allows me to do what I love. I had to move somewhere to ensure my spouse/future kids also gets the same degree of freedom as I had. Canada became our top choice because of English, proximity to future markets that we can sell our products to (US) and after looking at every other quality of life indicator (apart from cost of living and healthcare). Also, having a network of friends here helped making these decisions too.

Reactions: karenvieira

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
No worries! About your questions:
1. My life had way more distractions back home and I just wanted to focus on work for now. I've been sleeping very peacefully ever since I landed here. For the next 4-5 years, I just want to work on growing in my career, growing my own companies, etc and can't be asked to deal with distractions.
2. I migrated from India. Was on H1B in the US a few years ago, was a good place, but didn't enjoyed living there for a few reasons that may not be worth getting into. Canada has COL issues, but it offers what a lot of other countries can't for us immigrants(e.g. acceptance).
3. Tbh, not ultra-prepared, I grind a lot and have a very supportive partner that allows me to do what I love. I had to move somewhere to ensure my spouse/future kids also gets the same degree of freedom as I had. Canada became our top choice because of English, proximity to future markets that we can sell our products to (US) and after looking at every other quality of life indicator (apart from cost of living and healthcare). Also, having a network of friends here helped making these decisions too.
how is the snow in calgary bro? Heard it was -10 today, first canadian winter for you right?