Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Hi All,

So my wife and I are both PR holders, and due to the Covid thing she will give birth at about April 2021, in Israel.
We're looking to move to Canada at August at the latest, which means our child will be about 4 months old.

How do we sponsor it? Do we need to submit anything immediately after it's born or only after we're in Canada?
any help will be great appreciated.

Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You have to be in Canada to sponsor the child. They can enter as a visitor on their Israeli passport with an eTA.

However, COVID isn't stopping you from returning to Canada now, and if the baby is born here of course they will automatically be a Canadian citizen. Then the only paperwork you'd need to do would be with the Israeli embassy to get their mispar zehut.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
You have to be in Canada to sponsor the child. They can enter as a visitor on their Israeli passport with an eTA.

However, COVID isn't stopping you from returning to Canada now, and if the baby is born here of course they will automatically be a Canadian citizen. Then the only paperwork you'd need to do would be with the Israeli embassy to get their mispar zehut.
Thanks a lot, I read that page and didn't really understand if I have to get any medical tests or other forms filled in the birth country (Israel) and bring them to Canada.
Also, I know Covid doesn't stop us, but with things being as they are, the wife prefers a first birth with familiar surroundings.

So what forms do I fill? Do I need a police certificate again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot, I read that page and didn't really understand if I have to get any medical tests or other forms filled in the birth country (Israel) and bring them to Canada.
Also, I know Covid doesn't stop us, but with things being as they are, the wife prefers a first birth with familiar surroundings.

So what forms do I fill? Do I need a police certificate again?
Forms are here:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Wait until you are in Canada to fill out the forms since sometimes they are updated / changed.

Further details about the process are here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html