+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn Child After AOR

bldvx

Aug 4, 2021
Hi All,

We received our AOR on November 2020 with completed medicals and biometrics.
My wife was pregnant this whole time and finally in mid-july we got our baby.
I've contacted IRCC through a webform to ask for the procedure on how to add him to our application and received the following canned reply:

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

My question is, could anyone clarify which are the exact forms I need to fill (as I have no idea which ones are "applicable").

Furethermore, regarding the fees, I get the following information:

I've already paid the family fee for the biometrics (for my wife and I) during our application in November, should I repay the fee for one person (85 CAN) or can the initial 170 CAN I paid cover the baby's fee as well?

Thank you for your replies,

Best.

wsjeen

Jan 16, 2021
Hi i found your question here through search, i hope it went well for you. Can you share what you did? I’m having the same question.

bldvx

Aug 4, 2021
Hi, it's very unfortunate that there is no real information on this topic online, and that no-one that went through this procedure bothered to share back their experience.

Luckily for you I went trough the trouble before and can share with you some information:

First of all there's no need to pay any additional biometric fees for a newborn child, but you do have to pay the 225 CAD fee to include the child.
After you pay the fees simply create a webform with the following scans/copies attached:

Generic Application (IMM 0008)
Birth Certificate
Passport of the child
Letter of explanation (explaining that you want to add your child and all the information of your initial application)
Proof of payment of the fees.

After a long wait (took me around 5 months) your child will be added as a dependent in your application.

Good luck.

wsjeen

Jan 16, 2021
Thank you so much for sharing the answers. This definitely help me and others a lot. Hope all the best for you and your family!

HKN965

Nov 10, 2021
Hi, it's very unfortunate that there is no real information on this topic online, and that no-one that went through this procedure bothered to share back their experience.

Luckily for you I went trough the trouble before and can share with you some information:

First of all there's no need to pay any additional biometric fees for a newborn child, but you do have to pay the 225 CAD fee to include the child.
After you pay the fees simply create a webform with the following scans/copies attached:

Birth Certificate
Passport of the child
Letter of explanation (explaining that you want to add your child and all the information of your initial application)

After a long wait (took me around 5 months) your child will be added as a dependent in your application.

Good luck.
Hi @bldvx, thank you for sharing your experience. So now you're waiting for the PPR, what is your visa office?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016

Birth Certificate
Passport of the child

Good luck.
Hi, Can you please help here

Generic Application (IMM 0008) - Do we need to fill a new form of this or just update the one we sent before by adding dependent information for new born kid?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Hi all,

I have to include the newborn child in the PR application which is in the processing stage.

Generic Application (IMM 0008) - Do we need to fill a new form of this or just update the one we sent before by adding dependent information for new born child?

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
a

Birth Certificate
Passport of the child

Good luck.
how many months after adding your new born did you get the eCOPR. out application is under final stages. We got a remedical request but due to my pregnancy, we cannot go ahead with XRAY. Wil have to wait for 10 months before that. I guess my application will now be delayed by 1.5 yrs now

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023

Birth Certificate
Passport of the child

Good luck.

$220 CAD then which is $230 after price increased, a lot of people saying it is $150 CAD.

Is it:

"Family sponsorship"
Independently sponsor a dependent child
Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75)
150(per child)

OR

"Economic immigration (including Express Entry)"
Include a dependent child 230(per child)

Hope someone can help.