+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn baby

dustin1097

Feb 21, 2017
Hi there, my wife and i just had our first born son here in Philippines, i am a Canadian citizen and my wifes permident residency should be ready by februrary. What is the fastest way to get our son documents to enter canada? I am planning to stay here until my wife and son can join me going back to canada. Proof of citizenship processing time is 5 months but it says if you live outside of canada add 3-4months, im not sure if that applies to me as i live in canada but i am here for a exteded period of time? Do i need to be in canada to recieve his certificate of citizenship? Or should i get him a Philippines passport and try to bring him to canada and apply from within canada? Thanks for any help!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi there, my wife and i just had our first born son here in Philippines, i am a Canadian citizen and my wifes permident residency should be ready by februrary. What is the fastest way to get our son documents to enter canada? I am planning to stay here until my wife and son can join me going back to canada. Proof of citizenship processing time is 5 months but it says if you live outside of canada add 3-4months, im not sure if that applies to me as i live in canada but i am here for a exteded period of time? Do i need to be in canada to recieve his certificate of citizenship? Or should i get him a Philippines passport and try to bring him to canada and apply from within canada? Thanks for any help!
You can go to the Canadian embassy to register the baby for certificate of citizenship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

The child is outside of Canada, so you need to apply outside of Canada. When you submit the Certificate of Citizenship app, you can apply concurrently for a limited validity Canadian passport for your child.

The child will not be able to travel to Canada on his Philippines passport, as Canadian citizens can't apply for TRVs.

Reactions: carolbb23

dustin1097

Feb 21, 2017
Hi

The child is outside of Canada, so you need to apply outside of Canada. When you submit the Certificate of Citizenship app, you can apply concurrently for a limited validity Canadian passport for your child.

The child will not be able to travel to Canada on his Philippines passport, as Canadian citizens can't apply for TRVs.
Thank you, so with the processing times i am likely not able to bring my son home for 9-10 months?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you, so with the processing times i am likely not able to bring my son home for 9-10 months?
The limited validity passport will be issued based on the submission of the Certificate of Citizenship app. With proof of travel, it can be issued within a few days.

dustin1097

Feb 21, 2017
The limited validity passport will be issued based on the submission of the Certificate of Citizenship app. With proof of travel, it can be issued within a few days.
Okay but the certificate of citizenship processing time from outside of canada is 8-9 months itself correct?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Months as indicated on the website or still 8-9 because my son is outside if canada?
The processing time depends on where the child is. It doesn't really matter if it takes that long anyways, as you would have the Canadian passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, i have a canadian passport but i do not want to return to canada without my son.
Please read what I posted. We are not talking about your passport. You will apply for the child's Certificate of Citizenship and concurrently, a limited validity Canadian passport for the child. With proof of travel, the passport can be issued quickly.