+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

newborn after FSW visa issued

mashtob

Jan 30, 2013
Dear friends

Our FSW visas issued in aug 2012 and will expired in fab 2013

A new baby born for me in Nov 2012 and I notify Warsaw VO one week after,they ask me not to land in the mean time untill I add the new family member to my application, after that they request a medical examination for the new baby and we undergone it in dec 2012, untill now No news and my online status still as it was.

My questions are:

Is this will take a long time to be processed ?
Why my online status not changed, although the courier company confirm that the results was submitted to paris?
What is my status? is there a possibilty to close my case if I dont land before my visa expire date?
Can I undergo a new medical examination in order to extend my visa?

If any one have the same situation I will be appreciated if S/he share it

Kind regards

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have informed the VO about your expected child, during your wife's pregnancy, at least before submitting your passport. So that the visa office will hold the issuance of visa for you and wife till the child is added. As you have informed about the child birth later, after the visa stamping which resulted to face the tensed situation. Due to the reason that your visa is expiring in February, you may have to return your passport for new visas for which you need request form visa office. Generally an extension of issued visa is not possible. But if you communicate with Warsaw office explaining your pathetic situation, they could consider. Try to contact visa office by fax if you cannot get on telephone.

yy1gc

Nov 2, 2012
My friend you need not worry. I have been through exactly the same situation as you are in now, with the only difference that i had few more months time in my medical expiry. Yes, it may take a lot of time, as in my case it took about six months for the visa reissue from my office which was NDVO. If your visa expires they may ask you to have medical again with your wife. But be patient.

mashtob

Jan 30, 2013
Dear Freinds

I informed VO by email since our medical in feb 2012 and remember them many times regard my wife preganancy but they proceed and fixed our visas which is perfect in that time.
I dont know why they didn't inform us that its better to land before the new born baby come, or it will postpond our landing?
The problem now that my newborn baby medical results didnt received by VO, Why? I dont Know!

yy1gc : could you till me whether your visa expired or not before they add your new baby?

whats happened to you? whats next for me?

:-* ;D

yy1gc

Nov 2, 2012
mashtob said:
Dear Freinds

I informed VO by email since our medical in feb 2012 and remember them many times regard my wife preganancy but they proceed and fixed our visas which is perfect in that time.
I dont know why they didn't inform us that its better to land before the new born baby come, or it will postpond our landing?
The problem now that my newborn baby medical results didnt received by VO, Why? I dont Know!

yy1gc : could you till me whether your visa expired or not before they add your new baby?

whats happened to you? whats next for me?

Dear Mashtob
They would not inform specifically to you that you should land before the new born or not. It's mentioned in the travel documents that one should inform the high commission about any changes in the family status if it happens before leaving, and then follow their instructions.
In my case our visa didn't expire before we got it back. When I informed them about the new born, they asked us to return all the stamped passports to them first and then they cancelled our visa's. Then they asked for the medical of the new child and the updated proof of funds along with the newly filled family information form and the visa re-issuance fees. Later they asked for the latest photos for all of us. After that they sent all the passports with fresh visa's. It took more than six month's but yes a couple of month's were left in our medicals to expire.
In your case if they re-issue the visa's before your medical expires then you will have no choice but to travel there and then. But if they do not do so they may ask all of you to go through fresh medical's.

mashtob

Jan 30, 2013
I'm afraid if the VO for any reason close my case and ask me to re-apply again, where new requirments should satisfied.

what should I do to avoid this?

send the PPs to them or wait untill they request it.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Relax... visa officers do not close approved cases (only rejected applications are closed). The medical office in Ottawa, Canada may decide to extend your medicals for another year(they did that for me) or request new medicals. You can not "land" anyway because your PR visas are no longer valid(new baby must be added to application), so it does not matter when the visas expire.

You will have to return your passports but it's up to you whether to do so now or wait for the request from VO. In the meantime check your email and you may request your GCMS notes.

mashtob

Jan 30, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Relax... visa officers do not close approved cases (only rejected applications are closed). The medical office in Ottawa, Canada may decide to extend your medicals for another year(they did that for me) or request new medicals. You can not "land" anyway because your PR visas are no longer valid(new baby must be added to application), so it does not matter when the visas expire.

You will have to return your passports but it's up to you whether to do so now or wait for the request from VO. In the meantime check your email and you may request your GCMS notes.
DEAR SenoritaBella

DID THEY EXTEND YOUR MED AFTER YOUR VISA EXPIRED?
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED PERIOD TO RE-ISSUEING OUR VISAS?

KIND REGARDS

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
mashtob said:
I'm afraid if the VO for any reason close my case and ask me to re-apply again, where new requirments should satisfied.

what should I do to avoid this?

send the PPs to them or wait untill they request it.
they wont close the case, your visas for you and your wife will be reissued no matter what. even if expired, they can extend your medical by one year. in my case im the dependent and i was added to my husband's application after he got the visa and before he landed (Warsaw VO). we are still waiting for their background check to finish but they send us an email (just couple of days before expiration) notifying us that in case visa expired they will extend the medical directly..

so dont worry specially that you have told them and you have sent baby's medical exam.

mashtob

Jan 30, 2013
I also still afraid if the new CIC requirments may be required to be satisfied ( ILETS 7 score, Credintial assessment,...) if the visas not issued before MAY 2013.

I perhaps made a mistake because i didn't land before my new baby borned, but my fear from hospital costs was the main obstacle. any way I think God choose the best.

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
that has nothing to do with your file, they consider you according to the date when you initially submitted your application not now.

RELAX

barney

Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alinec said:
that has nothing to do with your file, they consider you according to the date when you initially submitted your application not now.

RELAX
Yes, I agree with Alinec. A positive decision was made on your application. So, it is just the process of extending it to add an additional member in the dependent list. In a way, you could have gone and come back for a day or two to complete the landing process. I know that there are restrictions to travel during last months of pregnancy and other financial considerations. But it was still more worth it than going through the current ordeal. Your baby born in Canada to PR would be a Canadian citizen by birth! No point in discussing that right now...

mashtob

Jan 30, 2013
The info I recognised lately but I am not sure that ALBERTA cover my medical insurance from the first day I land if i eligible. although now I sank in the sea of delay, but I still prefer not to take the risk for any dicision, espesially while no body confirm any information.

barney

Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashtob said:
The info I recognised lately but I am not sure that ALBERTA cover my medical insurance from the first day I land if i eligible. although now I sank in the sea of delay, but I still prefer not to take the risk for any dicision, espesially while no body confirm any information.
You will have to apply for getting medical facilities once you are there. The time required to enroll yourself and family varies from one province to another. I have understood it to be anywhere between 4 to 6 months from your application. You will have to buy a medical insurance during this time to cover your medical risks. But overall, they are very helpful in assisting even if you are not immediately covered up on arrival.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No, they extended it before issuing the visa but to "land" before they expired. Sorry, I don't know the expected period.

mashtob said:
DEAR SenoritaBella

DID THEY EXTEND YOUR MED AFTER YOUR VISA EXPIRED?
WHAT IS THE EXPECTED PERIOD TO RE-ISSUEING OUR VISAS?

KIND REGARDS