+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbies welcome here, applicants sponsoring for Jamaica

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm afraid your hubby is gonna need a Play station or Xbox Lilmaya, Wii ain't for real gamers. Worries me that none of the hubbies can find games there, missing Jamaica and i haven't even left yet. :(

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but isnt the wii better as they have the whole action movement so he can pretend he is kicking a ball ect so him no seize up

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
Wow, lots of updates on here. Glad to see the movement. The waiting is so difficult.

Hubby & I are doing well. It's like we have never been apart some days. Unlike some of the others hubby has discovered the new fifa size soccer field in my neighbourhood. He hasn't joined a league but he has picked up a few games here and there.

As for the licence thing here is an excerpt for Ontario. My understanding is that they just need a notarized letter from licence office in Jamaica to prove driving history (read the details and it outlines what is needed in the letter). They still have to write the written test but as Sanchester said they can choose to drive the G2 right away or G then G2. By transferring their driving history they can bypass the 1 year waiting time between the driving exams. However, if they drive the G2 and fail they will have to drive the G and the G2 to finalize their licence (again, no waiting time if the letter shows at least 1 year of history within last 3 years)....it's a bit confusing but once you read though it's fairly simple (kinda like applying for immigration...lots of reading but only a few lines have meaning lol). One thing about Toronto is the G test is not highway but G2 includes highway and they have to prove so much driving time on highway in order to comply with pre-requisite.

here's the link to that page http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx

Our plan is to have hubby write the test and transfer his history (he has a letter from JA) and then take a few driving lessons to brush up on the testing phase. Then he will like drive the G and then G2 when he's ready.

Well, KGN keep it coming. Still more folks to reunite!!!!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
I think I have left my son and husband behind in the whole gaming movement. I know the newer systems where you don't even need controllers would be best for soccer, however.... my son has a Wii and my son has quite a few games for said Wii. Therefore... I will not be purchasing any other gaming systems ...EVER!!

My son and husband also have the option of going outside and playing real soccer for free if they want to be "Real Gamers". :p

togirl2011 : Glad to hear hubby is settling well... isn't suffering from the Soccer Withdrawal and is on his way to driver's license!

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
wah gwan Togirl- nice to hear from you and good to see hubby getting cozy in TO! Has he started working yet?

Lilmaya
- Im the same...can't wait for surprises! Its surprise enough for me at 20wks! No boy name yet...Ariel for a girl!

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol Im dying laughing from that one line Lilmaya '' My son and husband also have the option of going outside and playing real soccer for free if they want to be "Real Gamers". :p'' lol, i cant stop laughing.

Hope your hubby finds a game soon cause ive seen football on wii... prob better suited to the lil man

Lonely Wifey

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
SOON COME
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Hubby got his PP back today with a brand new shiny visa in it ;D

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's great lonely wifey... end of the road like boyz to men ;D Congrats!!!!

Lonely Wifey

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
SOON COME
Thanx proper, your end of the road is coming soon, its got to or else Im gonna have to go to KGN myself and get angry :mad:

Good nite all God Bless

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all.
Congratulations again Lonely Wifey, your journey has finally ended now you can relax.

Today is update tuesday, Props I sure hope its your day guys.

Pure blessings for everyone today.

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Mawin!! Jahlove hope your having a lovely morning. How is everyone doing today?? we got some Proper who not sleeping, check the phone every minute!!! I know that feeling!!! Oh I sure hope you get something soon!!! I got an ecas update this a.m that a decision has been made! so passport pick up is around the corner!
I hope you all have a great tuesday!!!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Sweet!! just sweet, you are almost done. Yes i am fine hun, thanks for asking, just here taking it one day at a time.

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Good Afternoon Y'all!!

proper : I notice you husbands have a tendancy to stick together and i'm sure my husband would appreciate your opinion on the upgrading of the Wii. That being said, i'd be interested to know... what is your opinion on a television in the bedroom? :-X

Lonely Wifey : Wow.. what a quick turnover! Congrats girl!

jahlove : Bless up girl!!

Irving : DECISION MADE :eek: ALREADY?!? :eek: KNG is not playing around. Almost over my girl! I couldn't be happier for you! COUNTDOWN MI SEH!! :D

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:)Well you ladies cant knock us for sticking together cause you do the same. I don't have a problem with a television in the bedroom though but then again that all depends on who/what's getting most of the attention. Comes in handy when we wanna watch a game or you might wanna watch a show at the same time. Can also be good when you wanna cuddle and watch a movie in bed instead of the living room. I personally have a television in my bedroom but I've never been able to get through a whole movie on good behavior when my wife is around if you know what i mean. ;) ;) ;D

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
I have never had a tv im my room...its in deep sympathy i'd like to report i have done the unthinkable.. yes i now have a tv in my room.. hubby is a bedroom t.v junky and i have went to the dark side.. in hopes to aide his transition... :-[