Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Kedeisha : Thanks girl. I'm hoping things fall into place, my husband and my son are counting down whether I acknowledge it or not.

lonely_wife : I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with hubby!! How exciting!! You guys will have to give us all the ins and outs on what to do when hubby gets here. Sounds like you and Posh both applied for S.I.N. numbers right away. Good tip! What else you got? ;)

This is our last weekend before the move so as I type i'm thinking of all the things I should be doing but trying to avoid doing....

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! :-*

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
Morning fam

I'm still here just had a busy few days. No chating with hubby and no forum. First night in 3 days that i'll actually be sleeping! Well ::)...as you can see its 3am and my and im not sleeping but you get the picture. 6 babies decided to come in 2 days and now i have a birth hang over.

togirl-congrats girl...can't wait to hear the landing story...and hubby's adjustment to the kitties. lol

lilmaya-its almost over girl...i'm determined...Caribana we seh!!!

Jahlove-you back girl...we missed ya!Nice to put a face to the posts! hugs!!!

lonely_wife- "hubby just getting out of the shower" mi caan wait fi se da day deh...happy for you its been a long wait for you. Enjoy every minute!!!
Posh, Ked, Proper Irving, Sandchester, lonely, smoothie and to the newbies- whats up fam!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morning all
ebonyshine gwan hold the faith this ya test ya a 1 hard 1 fi u but u a cut n go thru *bbm hug*

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
G'morning everyone. Well hubby landed smoothly. flight was a bit delayed but he cruised through immigration and still had to wait for his luggage. that was nice. he didn't have any bag check with customs so he was landed and in my arms in less than 1 hour. gotta luv westjet. hubby loved the flight although he said takeoff was fast and a bit scary. he loved watching the islands and cities pass him by. he said canada was pretty and nice. it was so great to see him when he came through the pearly gates. he got the welcome package and bag from immigration. now for the cats. he said they are so big and the one could be a dog lol. my one cat is tall and long so he looks big. he's still not sure about them but he's being open. i liked the dog comment cuz jamaican cats are so thin compared to mine. i told him should wait to see a big 20 lb cat that some people have.

so landing was uneventful. smooth sailing. we haven't yet unpacked the goodies but hubby made sure to add the rum to my collection of alcohol. he saw it in a pic once and commented how he liked that i had so many varieties. weather is a bit chilly but my apt is warm so we are in shorts/tanks while we get ready for breakfast. we'll save our dessert until later. i think hubby has a sweet tooth ;) ;) :p

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
TOGIRL1 sounds like you had a wonderful landing experience...and the full joy of it is yet to come! Thinking of you both is this blissful time! I had a ooolllllllddddd himalayan cat, he looked like a grumpy OLD man.. i would show hubby him on skype, and we would laugh our asses off at him, he was a LOOKER? He has since walked through the pearly gates, So I dont have to do pet exposure therapy.. as hubby says, dogs are protector not pets.. animals are meant to be outside, we should eat and sleep amoung them.. he will be amused once he arrives and see's how pets are treated better then chuldren in some cases!
Ebony.. you been busy girl! babies from all directions! Glad you found a minute.. hope your doing well! x
jahlove.. looking FINE!!! thinking of you... everthing will work out girl!
welcome jesusgirl!
Happy weekend everyone! may monday bring just as much joy as this week did!
SIDE NOTE... im sooo hungover.. my job had ourgoodbye dinner to my team at work, and it was all expences paid.... we took full advantage. Red wine=death

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning family. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.... Sitting here watching Sex in the city 2, getting used to the girly flicks from now. Its not bad either :eek: ;D

Jesusgirl

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks fam for all your comments, I really appreciate it. I know we will not be able to get a letter from the mother so I guess we will be writing one with an explanation and drop it off with the criminal record and the med report. At least now I have a better understanding of what he must do once he retake his med and criminal records.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think u have to redo his son meds as well bcuz iambless had to get her daughter in UK i believe to redo med and i am not 100% positiive her daughter was nonaccompanying but i think a letter notarized saying he is living in the US and nonaccompanying should do the trick

i wish u the best

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Good Evening All,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. This packing and moving shiz can't be over soon enough!! :mad: My feet are sore, my back is sore... i'm just over it.

I can't believe it is almost July already! Where does the time go?!? That being said, EBONNNNY...Caribana wi seh!! A your month this! Memba a MI SEH DAT!!

togirl2011 : Great landing story! Sounds like hubby is settling in nicely.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend fam. Looking forward to an eventful week..starting bright and early Monday. Who got next?!? I guess we gotta ask Sanchester that one but my money is on Proper!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello peeps hope the weekend is good

yay me bday tomorrow booyaka booyaka :p

lets hope there is nuff news tomorrow n the week ahead

marie+timothy

Jun 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great to see a place to go for some encouragement and hopefully, some advice for newbies.

My husband and I haven't started the Sponsorship/Permanent Residence process yet, however, his application for a temporary visa was denied last month and I was wondering if anyone had any advice that might help avoid unnecessary delays.

Based on everyone's experience so far, what have been the major issue(s) causing delays? The average processing time in Kingston seems to be 17 months and my main worry is how best to complete the Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire to alleviate any concerns about the legitimacy of our relationship. I saw a few postings that mention the need to submit an "original" marriage certificate although the application does not ask for this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide to us.

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
marie+timothy : Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place! As far as the original documents, i think that used to be something that caused delays however, over the last few months, Kingston has been requesting original documents at the same time as passport drop off so it no longer seems to be an issue. If you do submit original documents in your application, I would suggest ordering new copies of your originals, just in case.

In my opinion, the big things that you can do to avoid delays is making certain all the paperwork is filled in and signed properly, the medical and criminal checks are done for your husband and any dependent children and pay all the fees up front. You want to avoid Kingston needing to contact you to clarify anything. Make sure you are taking this time to collect as much evidence to your relationship as possible. Pictures, phone bills, emails, receipts... all that good stuff. As far as the 17 month average, that is definately not the norm. I think in the last calendar year the average is closer to 8 - 9 months with some applicants going over and even a few under. There have been very few interviews requested and in most cases Kingston seems to try to get the application processed prior to medical expiring with a few exceptions of course. In the questionaire portion of the application, just be honest. I think you have to try to put yourself in the position of the Immigration officer who has to read it. If it's a novel, it may overwhelm them and they may not want to get into it, just use your judgement. Good luck!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
:D UPDATE UPDATE :p

I got a email from the tracker this morning (Tip to all...sign up for the Tracker... it is truly a God send) and our status has been updated to Decision Made. That is usually good news and they should send out the passport this week but once he has the passport back, i'll be ready to start the official countdown.

Good Morning All,

Feels good to start a new work week, it`s a short one for KNG so they are going to need to get down to business bright and early this morning!! Hope everyone had a nice weekend but TGIM!!

Let`s Go KNG!! Reunite some families!!

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
YEAH!!!!!! BRAP BRAP!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS LILMAYA!!!!!!!! start your official count down.....Hubby is on his way home!!!!! YOUPI!!!