+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie here starting up with immigration process.

soon2Bcanuck

Apr 13, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys!

I've been thinking of moving to Canada and I'm almost done with gathering all papers that I needed in starting with my application. I just had a few questions with how I'll put everything in writing I hope you can Help me out,

I checked the NOC list and I’m interested in applying for User Support Technicians (NOC 2282) I was able to check my points and I’m glad that I’ve passed. I just have a few questions to summarize.

1. Is this NOC eligible for immigration? Correct me but I showed on CIC that it requires only O and 1,
2. How do they compute years of experience? Should it come by strictly 1 year? Coz I have a number of full time work that is as short as 8 months and 6 mos. W/c is included on my 5 year work experience? Does it matter? Or they will count only those with 1 year per full time?
3. I aside from work employment, and certificates, what else description do I have to include? Should I still request for another copy of my contract?
4. Should I get to choose w/c state I can go or I should create my itinerary for that?

Please help. I’ll have my IELTS scheduled this week, hoping for all the best! Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunatley you'll need a job offer in Canada if you want to apply as a federal skilled worker under this NOC.

Only the following NOCs are eligible without a job offer for FSW:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp#tphp%20idtphp

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
soon2Bcanuck said:
Oh Shoot, is that right. thanks for the Updates, I'll check for other options then, is there anything you can suggest? thanks!
Hiii

You can try for Quebec immigration....try on this website...

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html...

any queries u r welcome to ask...

James

soon2Bcanuck

Apr 13, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked on with the website and it seemed they only have online evaluation link with questionnaires, i don't see other options to check on with the immigration, I'll try to read still. LOL thanks

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
soon2Bcanuck said:
I checked on with the website and it seemed they only have online evaluation link with questionnaires, i don't see other options to check on with the immigration, I'll try to read still. LOL thanks
Hii###

Take the evaluation questions wisely and if the result become positive ....u have a chance to apply under the scheme without any problems...

James

firestyle_jutsu

Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
posted thru Fedex: 07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
received @ CIO by M. KRSZWD: 13-07-2011
AOR Received.
PER- 05-10-2011
IELTS Request
included in my posted docs.
File Transfer...
2nd AOR: 27/10/2011
Med's Request
dated Feb. 03, 2012; received the letter, Feb. 16, 2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2012
Applications from skilled workers with evidence of one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the last ten years in at least one of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes (and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs) specified in the Ministerial Instructions

>>> what's your understanding with that? Is it necessary for an applicant to be presently working or currently employed for him to be eligible to apply to FSW Visa? What is the applicant has a working experience of more than 5 years and jez last month he/she quit his/her job and now plans to apply as FSW to Canada. Will his/her application be rejected?