+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Zealand Consent to Disclosure of Information - Living for less than 6 months

vancitydream

Apr 1, 2015
I'm Brazilian citizen, living in Auckland for 1,5 months now and applying for Canada PR through Express Entry. Do I need to provide Police Clearance Certificate (in case of NZ, Consent to Disclosure of Information) even being here for less than 6 months at the moment of the application?
The documents checklist states:

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the PC must have been issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row.
Also, I've heard of a case where they rejected as incomplete, an applicant who didn't send PCC for a country where he lived to 5 months? being this a similar case of mine, should I go ahead and request/send even not being "requested" ?

Thank you all !!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancitydream said:
I'm Brazilian citizen, living in Auckland for 1,5 months now and applying for Canada PR through Express Entry. Do I need to provide Police Clearance Certificate (in case of NZ, Consent to Disclosure of Information) even being here for less than 6 months at the moment of the application?
The documents checklist states:

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the PC must have been issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row.
Also, I've heard of a case where they rejected as incomplete, an applicant who didn't send PCC for a country where he lived to 5 months? being this a similar case of mine, should I go ahead and request/send even not being "requested" ?

Thank you all !!
Not if you are not staying there for more than 6 months. When are you planning to return back? When does your visa expire?

vancitydream

Apr 1, 2015
I have a work visa here at the moment, I'll be waiting to get the PR and then move to Canada, that's the plan. I wonder if my application takes long to be processed and then I reach out the 6 months ... I believe if I provide the consent it won't hurt. What do you think?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancitydream said:
I have a work visa here at the moment, I'll be waiting to get the PR and then move to Canada, that's the plan. I wonder if my application takes long to be processed and then I reach out the 6 months ... I believe if I provide the consent it won't hurt. What do you think?
How difficult is it to get pcc from australia?

vancitydream

Apr 1, 2015
Actually, from New Zealand. In this case, it is a special procedure, we need to fill up this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pdf/instructions_police_NZ-en.pdf, sign and submit it. It works as an authorization for Canada to check.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancitydream said:
Actually, from New Zealand. In this case, it is a special procedure, we need to fill up this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pdf/instructions_police_NZ-en.pdf, sign and submit it. It works as an authorization for Canada to check.
Apologies i meant NZ in previous post.

Any idea on processing time? If you can easily secure a pcc, you will not have to worry if your stay is more than 6 months.

I am not quite sure how these cases are handled. Did you make a search on the forum?

vancitydream

Apr 1, 2015
I have researched every where, so far not a concise response. As I mentioned, actually it is not required a PCC but the Consent instead (see form). I'll keep posting my findings ...

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancitydream said:
I have researched every where, so far not a concise response. As I mentioned, actually it is not required a PCC but the Consent instead (see form). I'll keep posting my findings ...
Ok. Than better get that consent form to be on a safe side.