06/06/2015
Passport Req..
Feb 1st, 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
:mad: :(
I applied on October 19th and its been over 7 weeks, now in the midst on 8th week. Can anyone please tell me how long is it taking them for student visas? My school starts first week January. I have emailed them couple times but no response.

Thanks

Maxy

tidi

Dec 13, 2012
One person recieved this letter , I found it on another topic

Hi guys,

Just want to share what i received from NY office.

Our office is currently experiencing unexpected delays in processing temporary resident (visitor) visas, work permits and study permits. Please be assured that we are doing our very best to process all applications as quickly as possible.

We understand your concern about our longer-than-normal processing times. Our office has made it our goal to process all routine applications submitted prior to December 1, 2012 by December 17, 2012. We anticipate that we should be able to finalize the majority of these applications and place the documents in the mail to return to clients by December 17, 2012. If, for reasons beyond our control, your application will not be finalized and placed in the mail by December 17, 2012, we will advise you of such by e-mail.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your reply, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number and the type of visa for which you have applied. Please clearly state that you wish to withdraw your application. When we receive your e-mail, we will cease all processing on your application and will place your passport in the mail within two working days to be returned to you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

maxy81

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny - Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
17/08/2015
Nomination.....
02/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/05/2015
Med's Request
27/05/2015
Med's Done....
06/06/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Re: New York consulate-Student Visa- 8 weeks now

:mad:
OK guys, I thought I was the one waiting longer than ever but looks like you guys applied before me. Are you guys also waiting for a student Visa? I have been reading other forums and have seen couple people actually go to NYC consulate and fill a urgent form and get their passports on the spot. I am thinking of waiting till Monday the 17th and if I don't get it, I am going to drive up there. Please keep updating if you hear anything or get your passport. Thank you

Maxy

raghuariga

Dec 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I am applying for tourist visa for stamping at US consulate in Canada.

I am thinking of visiting consulate in person on Friday Dec 21st. if i did not got any reply from them by Dec 17th.

Thanks.

raghuariga

Dec 13, 2012
Scary to see this message on Canadian Consulate New york website

Important message:

Please note that the Immigration Section will be closed to the public the afternoon of Friday, December 14. The section will also be closed to the public during on Monday, December 24 and Monday, December 31 for the entire day.

To assist in meeting published service standards for the processing of temporary resident visa, study permit, and work permit applications, important changes will be introduced to take effect January 7, 2013:

Passports and original documents will no longer be returned in-person. All passports and documents will be returned by mail.

The visa office will be open to the public Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 am to 10:30 am only for the submission of applications.

Processing times for applications submitted in person will be the same as those submitted by mail.

flashwei

Dec 11, 2012
raghuariga said:
Hi guys,

I am applying for tourist visa for stamping at US consulate in Canada.

I am thinking of visiting consulate in person on Friday Dec 21st. if i did not got any reply from them by Dec 17th.

Thanks.
I am also thinking of going to NYC in person next week.

VinodBhanur

Dec 14, 2012
raghuariga said:
I sent on Oct 10, reached Oct 15...still no response...more than 55 days
Hello raghuariga
i have sent my docs canada visitor visa on oct29th reached them on Nov2nd still no response
plz lemme know if you plan to go to NYC

contact info: vinod.bhanur@gmail.com

maxy81

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny - Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
17/08/2015
Nomination.....
02/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/05/2015
Med's Request
27/05/2015
Med's Done....
06/06/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello guys,
So looks like they stayed on their word now. I just got a update from USPS that I will be getting my passport tomorrow. I paid for the express USPS return so it will be here tmrw. Now, I hope the visa is stamped and I can be on my way. I am sure you guys will be getting your passports this week too.

Maxy

raghuariga

Dec 13, 2012
I did not received any email.

My Fedex tracking id is also not updated.

Now, how to know if my application is processed ?

abm1210

Dec 18, 2012
same here .. I didn't receive any email nor is my USPS tracking update ..

They got to keep their words ....

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
just went down there this morning.

go directly downstairs, the office there open between 8 to 10 am. they asked me to fill some urgent processing form.

went there again at 1pm, wait a while, a long queue in the lobby, then wait downstairs in the same office, got my passport back, but the visa is still under processing.

they said I can come back with my passport once the visa is approved so they can stamp it on. but no one knows when, just hope the "urgent processing form" could speed them up a little bit.

abm1210

Dec 18, 2012
Hi lindany. When did you submitted your application? Thanks!

lindany said:
just went down there this morning.

go directly downstairs, the office there open between 8 to 10 am. they asked me to fill some urgent processing form.

went there again at 1pm, wait a while, a long queue in the lobby, then wait downstairs in the same office, got my passport back, but the visa is still under processing.

they said I can come back with my passport once the visa is approved so they can stamp it on. but no one knows when, just hope the "urgent processing form" could speed them up a little bit.