+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New visitor visa when only one is still Valid

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna out of my curiosity. What would you suggest when to reapply for a new visa if the current visa is still valid?? Is 1 to 2 months before expiration reasonable?
Generally, IRCC recommends applying for a TRV no earlier than 6 months from the date of the intended visit.

For valid visas, IMO:
Factor in the approx. processing time for the local visa office + add about 2 weeks for passport transmission + another week.... before applying

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Thankyou Bryanna
I have taken your advise and applied for my dad visa on the recommendation you have given me . He hasn't received a reply as yet but hoping he gets one soon .

In the mean time as you previously guided me I should land in Canada get my PGWP and look for job in NOC A B or O to sponsor my wife and child to Canada .
I landed in Canada few weeks back and have managed to secure a mid level job in the NOC B .
I understand I need 3 pay slips and other documents in order to apply for my wife sogp and kid visitor visa .
However I just got to know that my wife is pregant with our second baby (4 weeks)
Would this create a problem for her visa now as I understand she would need medical done now and earliest if all goes well would be able to travel in the 7 month of her pregnancy.

So my two main questions
1) is she still eligible to apply for a sogp is she pregant ?
2) Will the immigration at the airport allow her entry if she 7 months pregant and on sogp

Thankyou Bryanna you have always been very helpful

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

However I just got to know that my wife is pregant with our second baby (4 weeks)
Would this create a problem for her visa now as I understand she would need medical done now and earliest if all goes well would be able to travel in the 7 month of her pregnancy.

So my two main questions
1) is she still eligible to apply for a sogp is she pregant ?
It is not recommended to do a chest x-ray when she is pregnant. She must inform the panel physician about her pregnancy. This also means her SOWP application won't be processed until she completes all the tests that are required for the medical examination.

2) Will the immigration at the airport allow her entry if she 7 months pregant and on sogp
There won't be issues at the port of entry. The issue will be to do the medical examination for the SOWP

Cheers