+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New visa center opened, is it possible to go there with older application?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

So hopefully we're getting closer the moment when we'll have to send my wife's passport over to the VFS application centre. The thing is, I went to VFS's website and they apparently opened a new visa center in Novosibirsk, where my wife lives. She unfortunately had to travel to Moscow to get her biometrics taken (twice!) and now it looks like it's possible to do it right nextdoor.

Now I'm wondering, when we get PPR, would it be possible for her to bring her passport in person to the new Novosibirsk visa center, or does have to go through the Moscow visa center which processed her biometrics? I think I recall reading somewhere that it was preferable to stick to the same visa center.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
I think they tell you specifically where to send it in the PPR, but I could be mistaken. All the PPR's that I've seen people copy/paste here designate a specific place to send it to.

Reactions: Bynming

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I think they tell you specifically where to send it in the PPR, but I could be mistaken. All the PPR's that I've seen people copy/paste here designate a specific place to send it to.
Hmm, alright. Well it would be a bit unfortunate if she had to send it in to Moscow because they make the mail-in services really complicated with a variety of seemingly overlapping fees. Would be much easier if she could walk in. In any case thank you, we'll just wait and see.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Visa center is just a provider who sends docs to the local visa office and takes biometrics (it is like a post office which provides additional services).
They do not make any decisions, they are just courriers, so your wife will be able to submit her passport to Visa center in Novosibirsk, they will mail it to the Immigration Section of the Embassy in Moscow and after visa and COPR are issued bring the docs back.

Reactions: Bynming