+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New visa application before expiration of current visitor visa?

ms shabbir

Jan 11, 2013
hi
I need expert help as i search all over the internet but couldn’t find any authentic info even on cic website.So here is the situation:
My mom’s( citizenship= Pakistani) visitor visa is going to expire on 19th june 2019 and in march she is flying to Australia to my brother and afterwards she planning to visit me back n forth on visitor visas from Australia to canada and then back to Australia.Now is it possible she can apply for a new visa before expiry of her current visa so when she planning to travel back and forth in March- Dec from Australia to Canada she won’t have to go back to Pakistan in between to apply for canadian visitor visa as she must apply for visitor visa from her country of citizenship.I know she can extend her stay once get here even after expiration of current visa but still again when she has to go to Australia and then coming back to canada she will have to wait for new visitor visa to be approved so we want to cut that time by applying in advanced for a new visa as my brother is now in Pakistan for few months so he can gather all documents for my mom who is senior otherwise she has to deal the visit visa application on herself which would be difficult for her .Or even is she can apply for supervisa before expiry of her visitor visa ??
Appreciate any response in this regard
Thanks
Rabia