+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Updates in CIC on EE *** Program delivery update – September 15, 2015

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Program delivery update – September 15, 2015
Update to Express Entry instructions for certain economic permanent residence classes
Summary

Minor updates have been made to clarify instructions, fix grammatical and technical errors, and amend language. The following specific changes were made:

Language was amended in the following ways:
Terms were updated to match the language on Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)'s external website.
References to “draws” were replaced by “rounds of invitations” and references to “Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)'s Job Bank” by “Government of Canada's Job Bank”.

References to “Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)” were replaced by “federal skilled worker class (FSWC)” and references to “Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)” by “federal skilled trades class (FSTC)”.

<b>The term “qualifying offer of arranged employment” was properly defined. </b>

New definitions were added for the terms “acknowledgement of receipt letter” and “electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter”.
Certain sections of text were reordered to improve logic and coherence, including the following:
Various instructions were separated between pre- and post-Express Entry.

The instructions on completeness checks for the FSWC, the FSTC and the Canadian experience class (CEC) were moved to the table of contents, under “Intake”.

References to the public policy concerning economic class permanent residence applicants and Express Entry candidates whose language proficiency cannot be tested in all four language skill areas due to a physical or mental disability were added to the instructions concerning language tests.

The hierarchy that governs under which class a candidate is invited to apply when they appear eligible for multiple classes was updated.

<b>The section on settlement funds was expanded to explain the exemption that exists for certain scenarios and classes </b>

Instructions regarding Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) were updated to provide more information on when an ECA is considered valid as well as to explain that an ECA must be issued by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada only if the applicant requires a licence to practise as a pharmacist (National Occupational Classification code 3131).
Information on fraud detection was added to the instructions on the role of ESDC to assist with assessing offers of employment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2015/2015-09-15.asp

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
Asivad Anac said:
Finally some much-needed edits! :)
have u submitted a new application, how are things going for you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hipchick said:
have u submitted a new application, how are things going for you Asivad Anac
CIC delayed my first Canadian winter vacations to 2016, hipchick ;D

Slowly but surely, I'm on my way though!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
i think its done for the elections. I think they will be using express entry as harper pointed it out in the debate. so just to protect them from any questions they made these edits. which were required for sooooooooooooooo long.

U-gal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Please I am kind of confused with this arranged letter of employment criteria.

Please can you clarify if one is eligible with a PGWP and a full-time permanent job in NOC A. FYI, I started this full-time permanent position (NOC A) in May 2015.

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U-gal said:
Please I am kind of confused with this arranged letter of employment criteria.

Please can you clarify if one is eligible with a PGWP and a full-time permanent job in NOC A. FYI, I started this full-time permanent position (NOC A) in May 2015.

Thanks.
Only if the job is supported by a positive LMIA.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Only if the job is supported by a positive LMIA.
Hi Asivad,

I hv been stuck in IN PROCESS from 14th Aug and it's been 5 weeks. When do u think I get to hear back from them approx?
My medicals passed (which were deferred earlier) a day after they changed to IN PROCESS, i.e, 15th Aug.

I am tired of checking status daily. Just wondering when I get to hear back or any thoughts on this?? Im in-land FSW applicant if that helps..

Thx..

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Maplemadness82 said:
Hi Asivad,

I hv been stuck in IN PROCESS from 14th Aug and it's been 5 weeks. When do u think I get to hear back from them approx?
My medicals passed (which were deferred earlier) a day after they changed to IN PROCESS, i.e, 15th Aug.

I am tired of checking status daily. Just wondering when I get to hear back or any thoughts on this?? Im in-land FSW applicant if that helps..

Thx..
You have barely started the process which can take up to 6 months. I was a FSW Inland and just got PPR. It took about 6 weeks for my medical passed to show up and then I heard nothing for about 3 months. So, it takes time for things to move. It's too early to get this inpatient. :)

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
AshesNdust said:
You have barely started the process which can take up to 6 months. I was a FSW Inland and just got PPR. It took about 6 weeks for my medical passed to show up and then I heard nothing for about 3 months. So, it takes time for things to move. It's too early to get this inpatient. :)
It's been over 4 months since I have submitted the app and I see most of May/June applicants got DM or PPR already.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
It's been over 4 months since I have submitted the app and I see most of May/June applicants got DM or PPR already.
Actually many May/June FSW applicants are still awaiting DM or PPR. CIC is only just finalising April Applications.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Anya654 said:
Actually many May/June FSW applicants are still awaiting DM or PPR. CIC is only just finalising April Applications.
Thats re-assuring. Have you ordered GCMS notes and see whats going on for u to see why it's stuck IN PROCESS for close to 13 weeks?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Thats re-assuring. Have you ordered GCMS notes and see whats going on for u to see why it's stuck IN PROCESS for close to 13 weeks?
I ordered and unfortunately my app hasn't been touched since June 16(Ecas updated on June 19). As they're going by ITA date I don't think I'll hear anything till October. The annoying thing is that most May applicants received their ITA in March so regardless of when I submitted in May, I'ld be one of the last to receive a decision since my ITA was on April 17 :(

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Anya654 said:
I ordered and unfortunately my app hasn't been touched since June 16(Ecas updated on June 19). As they're going by ITA date I don't think I'll hear anything till October. The annoying thing is that most May applicants received their ITA in March so regardless of when I submitted in May, I'ld be one of the last to receive a decision since my ITA was on April 17 :(
OK.. So, we are very positive that they are going by ITA date. Im picked up in 6th draw. Lets see...