+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW TRV policy on CIC website - Very confusing

sonjy

Feb 24, 2010
I was trying to use CIC's website to extend work permit, and this new policy came up regarding change in TRV and application to CPP-O.

Can anybody please what this change is about? Does this mean, we no longer apply to Vegreville for work permit extension with current or new employer if we're already working in Canada?

So many changes recently and it's getting quite confusing... Please advice. Thank you,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sonjy said:
I was trying to use CIC's website to extend work permit, and this new policy came up regarding change in TRV and application to CPP-O.

Can anybody please what this change is about? Does this mean, we no longer apply to Vegreville for work permit extension with current or new employer if we're already working in Canada?

So many changes recently and it's getting quite confusing... Please advice. Thank you,
No, you continue to apply to Vegreville for extensions to work/visit/study permits. The change is that persons in Canada on valid Study/work permits can apply to OPP Ottawa for new TRV (Temporary Resident Visas) allowing them to travel. Rather than having to apply to a Canadian office in the US>

sonjy

Feb 24, 2010
Thank you so much for such a quick response, PMM.

I'm sorry because I'm still a bit confused on CIC's wording:
I thought work permit is also a type of TRV.
So I guess, the new policy applies to people who is allowed just a single entry to Canada or people from no travel-visa-exemption?

Thank you again, PMM, as always.

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
hi all :)

just wanna ask if how much do i need to put under the "funds available for my stay" in TRV application.

and if i need to enclosed an extra return expresspost envelope in my application.

thank you all :)

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

No, you continue to apply to Vegreville for extensions to work/visit/study permits. The change is that persons in Canada on valid Study/work permits can apply to OPP Ottawa for new TRV (Temporary Resident Visas) allowing them to travel. Rather than having to apply to a Canadian office in the US>
HI PMM,

Lucky to read your post as i was also going through in the same situation aout this new rules which started from may 29 2012 as per cic website.i want to apply also for TRV as my vis ais going to expire soon.
Do u have any idea that hpw long Cpp Otawa office takes time for the TRV visa or is anyone applied already in ottawa office
Please give me some information regarding this
thanks