+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Ok im preparing mine now, but they ask how much money they will have in Canada? I thought they would over look the finances since we already have PR sponsorship in progress. PA works full time but barely makes $300 cad a month so I know it won’t qualify

Aish####a

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I spoke to my consultant and she said my spouse is not eligible for OWP. My spouse applied outland and she is inside Canada on a TRV. Can she apply for the OWP? She has her AoR.
Your consultant is wrong. Is your spouse TRV valid, if yes so she is eligible 100%. You don't even need a consultant to do the application. You have all your information so just go to the website.

Reactions: Charbk

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok im preparing mine now, but they ask how much money they will have in Canada? I thought they would over look the finances since we already have PR sponsorship in progress. PA works full time but barely makes $300 cad a month so I know it won’t qualify
We already submitted ours. Crossing fingers.

Reactions: oaw and YULpj

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi did u add any letter explaining that you submitted under new trv spousal policy or its like normal visitor visa in the portal?
I dont know what you mean by submitting a letter. But, no, I did not submit any letter.

What is a normal visitor visa in the portal?

Apr 20, 2023
I dont know what you mean by submitting a letter. But, no, I did not submit any letter.

What is a normal visitor visa in the portal?
Thank you, I meant If need to submit any additional document stating that our file is under process for spousal visa?

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
What will you all write in the invitation letter? Your spouse plans to visit and never return? I thought one of the main things they will look for in TRV approval is ties back home. Something smells fishy in this new annoucement.

Reactions: Charbk

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What will you all write in the invitation letter? Your spouse plans to visit and never return? I thought one of the main things they will look for in TRV approval is ties back home. Something smells fishy in this new annoucement.
Why do you have to put invitation letter? The application never asks me to put one.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which category did you choose at the start? I was asked to provide letter of invitation as well
I cannot remember exactly but I think: Toursist(to visit spouse, family, relative so on).