Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
@DK84 My biggest question how were you able to get biometric waiver for your parents? I have already got a PHAC approval. I just need to know the procedure to get a biometric waiver?
Actually, I had processed for TRV around January beginning through PHAC, I believe some people that time managed to get TRV just based on PHAC because biometric centres were closed in India and perhaps IRCC was looking PHAC differently but lately in same thread I noticed IRCC requesting biometic even someone has PHAC approval, So to answer I am not sure dear in your case but you can certainly try sending email to IRCC and even attaching a letter from your doctor might be helpful but nothing guaranteed as IRCC will make final decision.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually, I had processed for TRV around January beginning through PHAC, I believe some people that time managed to get TRV just based on PHAC because biometric centres were closed in India and perhaps IRCC was looking PHAC differently but lately in same thread I noticed IRCC requesting biometic even someone has PHAC approval, So to answer I am not sure dear in your case but you can certainly try sending email to IRCC and even attaching a letter from your doctor might be helpful but nothing guaranteed as IRCC will make final decision.
Think the first few cases were viewed differently. PHAC was never meant to visit someone going through a normal pregnancy. People likely publicized what they did and IRCC likely started receiving a large volume of these requests. PHAC was meant for time sensitive and often short visits and most of the parents applying were not needing immediate departure for a shorter visit so there seems to have been a compromise with granting people PHAC but requiring all the TRV requirements. A normal TRV would likely be a better option because you have a longer period to enter Canada and you are often granted a multiple entry visa. It will be interesting to see what happens when all these PHAC applications try to extend their stays and if they're treated differently.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Think the first few cases were viewed differently. PHAC was never meant to visit someone going through a normal pregnancy. People likely publicized what they did and IRCC likely started receiving a large volume of these requests. PHAC was meant for time sensitive and often short visits and most of the parents applying were not needing immediate departure for a shorter visit so there seems to have been a compromise with granting people PHAC but requiring all the TRV requirements. A normal TRV would likely be a better option because you have a longer period to enter Canada and you are often granted a multiple entry visa. It will be interesting to see what happens when all these PHAC applications try to extend their stays and if they're treated differently.
Thanks for your suggestions and I agree with you but nobody knows how IRCC would handle applications for extension just based on PHAC that too ones without biometric, in case if application doesn't get approved then getting new TRV from India would so difficult in current time considering present situation in India. I am looking to know if one can apply for new TRV while inside Canada based on 6 month visitor status in Canada ....like in my case 6 month visitor status for my parents expires on August 4th, they have return ticket booked for July 25th, So I wonder if I can submit new TRV application before July 4th ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your suggestions and I agree with you but nobody knows how IRCC would handle applications for extension just based on PHAC that too ones without biometric, in case if application doesn't get approved then getting new TRV from India would so difficult in current time considering present situation in India. I am looking to know if one can apply for new TRV while inside Canada based on 6 month visitor status in Canada ....like in my case 6 month visitor status for my parents expires on August 4th, they have return ticket booked for July 25th, So I wonder if I can submit new TRV application before July 4th ?
They qualify for an extension not a new TRV if in Canada already.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
They qualify for an extension not a new TRV if in Canada already.
Thank you dude, however I could not understand why they can not apply for new TRV within Canada & only extension while they are physically in Canada based on their 6 month visitor status here. Is there possibility of application gets refused ?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
I think you are looking for an extension, if your parents would like to stay beyond the intial 6 months. TRV is only needed if one is planning to travel to Canada, and that's the reason, a typical visitor is not eligible for a TRV inside Canada.