N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hello,

We had got TRV approved for Parents in the month of January based on PHAC process but without biometrics, my parents landed in Canada in February this year and now I am looking to start new Visitor visa application for them - Can I apply for new TRV inside Canada considering my Parents are on 6 months visitor status here OR is it better to apply for extension only ?

I am also not sure if one needs to give biometric if they apply for TRV inside Canada as I read somewhere on IRCC they mention biometric is not required if you apply from inside Canada.

I tried calling IRCC helpline number but calls are not transferring for some reason to agents.

Can someone please help clear these doubts or in case if someone going through same process ?

Many thanks !

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
Hello,

We had got TRV approved for Parents in the month of January based on PHAC process but without biometrics, my parents landed in Canada in February this year and now I am looking to start new Visitor visa application for them - Can I apply for new TRV inside Canada considering my Parents are on 6 months visitor status here OR is it better to apply for extension only ?

I am also not sure if one needs to give biometric if they apply for TRV inside Canada as I read somewhere on IRCC they mention biometric is not required if you apply from inside Canada.

I tried calling IRCC helpline number but calls are not transferring for some reason to agents.

Can someone please help clear these doubts or in case if someone going through same process ?

Many thanks !
Hi ,

I applied TRV visiting visa for my mom in January. In February i emailed public health Canada and obtained a PHAC for her travel. After obtaining her PAC i emailed IRCC.COVID-TravelE.xemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . I got a reply from saying that my biometrics documents are missing and i have to submit my biometrics

Now VAC in India are not giving appointments for bio metrics particularly for TRV. So she cannot give biometrics

In your message you mentioned that your parents obtained TRV with out giving biometrics. How to do that? Whom should i email? .........................Which email should i contact to get a biometric exception and proceed with visa application......PLEASE HELP !!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,

I applied TRV visiting visa for my mom in January. In February i emailed public health Canada and obtained a PHAC for her travel. After obtaining her PAC i emailed IRCC.COVID-TravelE.xemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . I got a reply from saying that my biometrics documents are missing and i have to submit my biometrics

Now VAC in India are not giving appointments for bio metrics particularly for TRV. So she cannot give biometrics

In your message you mentioned that your parents obtained TRV with out giving biometrics. How to do that? Whom should i email? .........................Which email should i contact to get a biometric exception and proceed with visa application......PLEASE HELP !!!!
You should try for an extension.

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
You should try for an extension.
Thank you for the reply. Sorry. Just letting you know that I did get an extension to give her biometrics. Buy that does not answer my question. In your message you had mentioned that your parents TRV process was competed with out biometrics.....I want to process my mom's application the same way(with out biometrics)....what is the procedure for that? Which email should I send and whom should I contact. ....I am having a surgery in two weeks and I live alone. I am trying to bring my mom here. Your advice will be gekpful

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply. Sorry. Just letting you know that I did get an extension to give her biometrics. Buy that does not answer my question. In your message you had mentioned that your parents TRV process was competed with out biometrics.....I want to process my mom's application the same way(with out biometrics)....what is the procedure for that? Which email should I send and whom should I contact. ....I am having a surgery in two weeks and I live alone. I am trying to bring my mom here. Your advice will be gekpful
Sorry thought I was replying to the first post.

Biometrics for TRVs have not been available for a year. People have flown to UAE or Nepal. For true emergencies biometrics may be waived. If your mother is coming because you are pregnant then biometrics are not waived. PHAC is being approved but because normal pregnancy is not really what PHAC is for IRC is requiring biometrics. Travel from India to Canada will likely not be possible for at least 30 days but likely longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Many thanks !
You need to apply for an extension. Not sure whether biometrics will be an issue. They won't be waived indefinitely.

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
Thanks again. So which email address or personnel should I contact to get a biometric waiver? In my case it is an emergency. What is the process you follow ed....kindly explain that.

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
Hello,

Many thanks !
@DK84 My biggest question how were you able to get biometric waiver for your parents? I have already got a PHAC approval. I just need to know the procedure to get a biometric waiver?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@DK84 My biggest question how were you able to get biometric waiver for your parents? I have already got a PHAC approval. I just need to know the procedure to get a biometric waiver?
They must have applied around January/February before many people started applying for PHAC for normal pregnancies. After they were flooded with PHAC applications for normal pregnancies which don't really fit PHAC IRCC seems to have come up with a compromise PHAC but with biometrics. Don't think there is a way for your mother's biometrics to be waived. You can ask but no guarantees which is why most have gone to Dubai or Nepal.

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
They must have applied around January/February before many people started applying for PHAC for normal pregnancies. After they were flooded with PHAC applications for normal pregnancies which don't really fit PHAC IRCC seems to have come up with a compromise PHAC but with biometrics. Don't think there is a way for your mother's biometrics to be waived. You can ask but no guarantees which is why most have gone to Dubai or Nepal.
In my case i am not preganant, i am having appendicitis surgery and i live alone. So whom should i ask for biometrics waiver?

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
If you have appendicitis how have you been waiting since January for surgery? It is an emergency surgery.
acute appendicitis i am on antibiotics for months, i was told its not emergency and can wait. But now pain is getting on......so i was booked

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
acute appendicitis i am on antibiotics for months, i was told its not emergency and can wait. But now pain is getting on......so i was booked
You can try to ask for biometrics to be waived if you provide proof of your surgery date and a doctor's note. Today travel bans were announced for India so it will be very difficult for your mother to travel. She will have to find a flight that is not direct where she can enter the transit country and do another PCR test and follow any of the covid requirements for the country and then quarantine when entering Canada. When is your surgery date? Has it been cancelled or does it still qualify as emergency surgery?

karthikt1989

Apr 22, 2021
You can try to ask for biometrics to be waived if you provide proof of your surgery date and a doctor's note. Today travel bans were announced for India so it will be very difficult for your mother to travel. She will have to find a flight that is not direct where she can enter the transit country and do another PCR test and follow any of the covid requirements for the country and then quarantine when entering Canada.
yes i provided the letter from my doctor and the surgery date to PHAC and after that they approved and gave me a letter. Whom should i email next ? Should i contact PHAC again? or Who

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes i provided the letter from my doctor and the surgery date to PHAC and after that they approved and gave me a letter. Whom should i email next ? Should i contact PHAC again? or Who
You can try but they may be unwilling to waive the biometrics requirement. Travel may still not be possible given the travel ban.