+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel restrictions are coming

Ajith_Parayil

Jun 8, 2018
New travel restrictions are coming. If you have booked a trip: cancel it. Stay home, keep following public health guidelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's for non-essential travel. And students are exempt!
How do you know students with be exempt? Nobody knows what the changes may be. If they are exempt there may be the requirement that you must pay for hotel quarantine. Don’t want anyone to panic but if you’re studying onlineI think most can agree that it isn’t essential that people need to be in Canada. Parents travelling to Canada are currently allowed but wouldn’t consider their travel essential.. Not trying to say that everyone will be denied just saying we don’t know so nobody can confirm anything.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
How do you know students with be exempt? Nobody knows what the changes may be. If they are exempt there may be the requirement that you must pay for hotel quarantine. Don’t want anyone to panic but if you’re studying onlineI think most can agree that it isn’t essential that people need to be in Canada. Parents travelling to Canada are currently allowed but wouldn’t consider their travel essential.. Not trying to say that everyone will be denied just saying we don’t know so nobody can confirm anything.
Totally agree !

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
New travel restrictions are coming. If you have booked a trip: cancel it. Stay home, keep following public health guidelines
Stop spreading misinformation.

How do you know students with be exempt
How do you know students are not exempt? No one ponies up the $$$ on a Canadian college/uni to do it online from their home country.

This is literally the most recent "restriction" (and it's not even a restriction - just stricter screener for certain people):
And that is from 10 days ago.

Plenty of vids on YouTube of students going from India to Canada without any problems in the last 2 weeks. I'll trust a dozen POV videos over a random dude's misinformed opinion online - that too with zero evidence to backup his claims.

ShaUCan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I said students are exempt! Beacuse they are and the DLI needs to be in the list that's all!!!
Not that they 'will be'exempt! I hope you understand the difference.PERIOD

Reactions: usman_1986

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I said students are exempt! Beacuse they are and the DLI needs to be in the list that's all!!!
Not that they 'will be'exempt! I hope you understand the difference.PERIOD
If you read my post I said we have no idea what changes are coming with the new travel restrictions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Stop spreading misinformation.

How do you know students are not exempt? No one ponies up the $$$ on a Canadian college/uni to do it online from their home country.

This is literally the most recent "restriction" (and it's not even a restriction - just stricter screener for certain people):
And that is from 10 days ago.

Plenty of vids on YouTube of students going from India to Canada without any problems in the last 2 weeks. I'll trust a dozen POV videos over a random dude's misinformed opinion online - that too with zero evidence to backup his claims.
As I pointed nobody knows what the new restrictions will be but there will be new restrictions according to the government.

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
So basically all the students planning to study in May or September intake are screwed now?
How is it affecting September students ? we are still in January and there are about 8 months. i don't think Canada will keep travel restrictions for 8 months.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
How is it affecting September students ? we are still in January and there are about 8 months. i don't think Canada will keep travel restrictions for 8 months.
You never know how the situation turns out to be. But we all hope it should ease out much earlier than that. Oh I just wish everything returns to at least 50% normalcy by April......