+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
I'd like to know if you are at the same situation I have and if you have tried here writing to the email: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca that was showed in this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html#visa-applied

If you have had either good/bad results writing to that email please write your experience here... Just for you to know I also applied for the sponsorship residence which is also stopped, I made my biometrics last year (for a visitor visa application which was denied), I wouldn't care to go to another VAC center of other country if I need it (if the visa gets approved and VAC center it's closed in my country)
I did this. They gave me a canned response. No help.

• Sad
Reactions: lovely89

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
No don't work for IRCC. How do you know no AOR has been sent out since March 13th? Only a small fraction of applicants post on this forum. AOR was taking around 8 weeks before covid so I would imagine some will be receiving AOR soon. I assume there are bigger issues being discussed like what to do about the fact thst VACs are closed in many countries. How will the inability to get biometrics done or medicals that can't be done be dealt with? Where will processing be done in places where embassies and consulates are still closed. When there are emergnecies Canadian workers and their families are instructed to return home. Families go first but I would assume only a skeleton staff, if any, are left in some countries with very high covid rates and a medical infrastructure that can't deal with covid. This isn't as simple as it may seem.
Yes but having the main processing centers in Canada closed for so long, such as in Sydney, is inexcusable. There is no threat there. It's easy to be cautious when your customers have no alternatives and your paycheck will keep coming indefinitely -- unlike the rest of the country. As for your other post about paying taxes not giving you special privileges... the only ones with special privileges right now are government workers.

Reactions: Toby2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Tell me about the IRCC services I've received the last 5 months. Spousal sponsorship --- not even AOR. TRV? No response.
Immigration is a small fraction of the government services. AOR was taking 2-3 months before covid. I assume there will be a 2-3 month delay minimum based on office closures. You should be receiving AOR soon. Everyone is experiencing delays in all aspects of their lives due to covid. It is to be expected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is not a refugee application, its for family reunification of a honest tax payer. Calling this a special privlidge is outright discrimination, I wish I got the above response came from an official source
Yes and the family reunification is being processed. There will be some delays due to covid. There have been huge impacts on the world because covid so it should be expected that immigration processing times would also be affected. Spouses are not temporary visitors which is why they are usually refused for TRVs. Being a taxpayer doesn't change who gets approved as temporary visitor.

Reactions: Caly

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
This is not a refugee application, its for family reunification of a honest tax payer. Calling this a special privlidge is outright discrimination, I wish I got the above response came from an official source
Adding a little more to your comment, the application is not only paid with taxes. There is a fee of more of 1,000 $ of sponsorship application. We are talking of more than a million $ / year incoming that the government have with these applications in general. Also if the sponsor doesn't have enough money then he/she won't qualify. It's a commitment of the sponsor to continue earning enough money for the next 3 - 5 years. It's not only bringing your spouse and live of the government or doing nothing. It's about being productive thanks to the sponsorship agreement that the sponsors have to sign. And if the applicant is a professional immigrant and works, this applicant will help at future with the canadian economy, if they have children in Canada these children will be productives also. This is not a privilege. This is a right for people to be together as family and for Canada this is a business.
Now imagine that applications stop forever and all canadians who were trying to sponsor their spouses would have to move to other countries to live with their beloved ones, it could happen, it would be an option for my husband if I can't go to Canada (in this case he would start his own business abroad) Who would lose more? Canada as country? Or the productive canadian worker just moving? The receiving country will win, that's for sure.
I know that immigration workers were not writing those bad comments with no sense. Those comments of "have patience don't be annoying" "this is a privilege" "Tell your spouse to move to your country then" are written by ignorants people and by angry people who had a bad experience in love and can't support see the others being happy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Adding a little more to your comment, the application is not only paid with taxes. There is a fee of more of 1,000 $ of sponsorship application. We are talking of more than a million $ / year incoming that the government have with these applications in general. Also if the sponsor doesn't have enough money then he/she won't qualify. It's a commitment of the sponsor to continue earning enough money for the next 3 - 5 years. It's not only bringing your spouse and live of the government or doing nothing. It's about being productive thanks to the sponsorship agreement that the sponsors have to sign. And if the applicant is a professional immigrant and works, this applicant will help at future with the canadian economy, if they have children in Canada these children will be productives also. This is not a privilege. This is a right for people to be together as family and for Canada this is a business.
Now imagine that applications stop forever and all canadians who were trying to sponsor their spouses would have to move to other countries to live with their beloved ones, it could happen, it would be an option for my husband if I can't go to Canada (in this case he would start his own business abroad) Who would lose more? Canada as country? Or the productive canadian worker just moving? The receiving country will win, that's for sure.
I know that immigration workers were not writing those bad comments with no sense. Those comments of "have patience don't be annoying" "this is a privilege" "Tell your spouse to move to your country then" are written by ignorants people and by angry people who had a bad experience in love and can't support see the others being happy.
The fee for spousal sponsorship doesn't come close to the cost of precessing the application. It makes no profit for the government. The system operates at a loss. The government will not make people pay the actual cost of processing sponsorship because it would prevent many lower income family from sponsoring spouses. Nobody is saying that Canada will stop processing spousal sponsorship. Processing will be delayed. Everyone is being affected by delays due to covid. For example people who are waiting for cancer surgery also had their surgeries delayed for over 2-3 months. Covid has caused major dusruptions. Most spouses never got approved for TRVs because they were not temporary visitors. This hasn't changed due to covid.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Yes and the family reunification is being processed. There will be some delays due to covid. There have been huge impacts on the world because covid so it should be expected that immigration processing times would also be affected. Spouses are not temporary visitors which is why they are usually refused for TRVs. Being a taxpayer doesn't change who gets approved as temporary visitor.
An approval was never demanded, only a timely processing is expected. Turns out covid has become a scapegoat for many.

Check the below

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/canada-expedites-process-for-temporary-workers-to-start-new-jobs-0514341.html

This decision was taken when covid numbers peaked in Canada. Even a toddler would know ircc's decision making process has the least to no human interaction possible.

But hey! due to covid19.....

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
The fee for spousal sponsorship doesn't come close to the cost of precessing the application. It makes no profit for the government. The system operates at a loss. The government will not make people pay the actual cost of processing sponsorship because it would prevent many lower income family from sponsoring spouses. Nobody is saying that Canada will stop processing spousal sponsorship. Processing will be delayed. Everyone is being affected by delays due to covid. For example people who are waiting for cancer surgery also had their surgeries delayed for over 2-3 months. Covid has caused major dusruptions. Most spouses never got approved for TRVs because they were not temporary visitors. This hasn't changed due to covid.
It's paid, few or too much it's the official price. And the cost of a good lawyer for sponsorship application goes between 4.000-6.000$ plus taxes, plus translations if needed, plus administrative fees(there are lawyers less and more expensives. Althought it's not obligatory to hire one, it's very advisable), and the taxes of it goes to the government. Believe me they don't lose with it. People who think they are doing us a favor, it's not a favor. Just imagine that the delay lasts more and more and I ask my husband (who is canadian and my sponsor) to close his enterprise, to fire his employees and to make a new business in other country. Wouldn't it be a loss to Canada?

The thing of the patients with cancer it's a tragedy for them. The hospitals didn't make those surgeries because they needed empty beds to hospitalize patients with covid, but at the end (and fortunately) in Canada these beds were never full occupied with cases of covid. 10 times more people will die of cancer this year than of covid in Canada, also there was the excuse that if one of these patients was infected with covid without knowing it, it would increase the complications, but the tests detect the infection, so it's avoidable. Those 2-3 months costed them a change of a surgical stage to a non-surgical one to some patients and progression of the illness, even metastases to others. And not talking about other illness, just that because you chose it like example.

So, to back up applications delays with cancer surgeries delays doesn't mean the cancer surgeries delays were a right action.. Other topic, there are 4 months of sponsorship application delays and nobody knows when they will start to work. And it's an office job, not a direct-contact job. In a country where the gyms (weights and machines that everybody touch), restaurants and bars are opened.

About visitor visa applications, Canada recognizes the family reunification during this time, so they made the special consideration in the purpose of visit of the visitor visas (written in the official page) with the immediate families. Just hoping they really do it. If they don't process these visitor visas in this time why did they lose their time making those considerations then? It doesn't have sense. So, we insist.

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
An approval was never demanded, only a timely processing is expected. Turns out covid has become a scapegoat for many.

Check the below

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/canada-expedites-process-for-temporary-workers-to-start-new-jobs-0514341.html

This decision was taken when covid numbers peaked in Canada. Even a toddler would know ircc's decision making process has the least to no human interaction possible.

But hey! due to covid19.....
Exactly. They just use that magic word and suddenly it excuses them for anything. Working at IRCC is one of the safest jobs out there right now. "Public servants", pfft.

Reactions: Ksavier

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's paid, few or too much it's the official price. And the cost of a good lawyer for sponsorship application goes between 4.000-6.000$ plus taxes, plus translations if needed, plus administrative fees(there are lawyers less and more expensives. Althought it's not obligatory to hire one, it's very advisable), and the taxes of it goes to the government. Believe me they don't lose with it. People who think they are doing us a favor, it's not a favor. Just imagine that the delay lasts more and more and I ask my husband (who is canadian and my sponsor) to close his enterprise, to fire his employees and to make a new business in other country. Wouldn't it be a loss to Canada?

The thing of the patients with cancer it's a tragedy for them. The hospitals didn't make those surgeries because they needed empty beds to hospitalize patients with covid, but at the end (and fortunately) in Canada these beds were never full occupied with cases of covid. 10 times more people will die of cancer this year than of covid in Canada, also there was the excuse that if one of these patients was infected with covid without knowing it, it would increase the complications, but the tests detect the infection, so it's avoidable. Those 2-3 months costed them a change of a surgical stage to a non-surgical one to some patients and progression of the illness, even metastases to others. And not talking about other illness, just that because you chose it like example.

So, to back up applications delays with cancer surgeries delays doesn't mean the cancer surgeries delays were a right action.. Other topic, there are 4 months of sponsorship application delays and nobody knows when they will start to work. And it's an office job, not a direct-contact job. In a country where the gyms (weights and machines that everybody touch), restaurants and bars are opened.

About visitor visa applications, Canada recognizes the family reunification during this time, so they made the special consideration in the purpose of visit of the visitor visas (written in the official page) with the immediate families. Just hoping they really do it. If they don't process these visitor visas in this time why did they lose their time making those considerations then? It doesn't have sense. So, we insist.
Many apply without consultants or lawyers. It is not a requirement. Your argument was that the government makes money on spousal sponsorship which isn’t correct.

Have you been to a government office or any large office building? There is definitely human contact just not with outsiders. There are thousands of employees using the same space. Any of them could have covid.

Whether delays are right or wrong they are life and we’re all making sacrifices because of covid.

People misunderstood the announcement. Yes spouses and parents were granted exceptions to travel but nowhere in the statement did it say that those without TRVs would be granted TRVs to travel. This is pure politics. Looks good but mean something else. Given the limited flights from some of the covid hotspots the people entering Canada is somewhat limited. One of the ways Canada is trying to keep are covid levels low is the minimize contact with other countries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly. They just use that magic word and suddenly it excuses them for anything. Working at IRCC is one of the safest jobs out there right now. "Public servants", pfft.
Most office jobs are working from home. This isn’t limited to the government. Yes government workers have quite a lot of protection but would be prepared for cutbacks. Many workers (Government or not) who deal with sensitive information or are in a service role remained at home without being able to work until recently. This isn’t limited to IRCC.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Because I AM the canadian sponsor, and I can't leave because I have a job here and because I am a permanent resident I can't go to her and wait out the sponsorship outland. Nobody cares about families and their fundamental rights until it's your family they're ruining. I wonder what is your angle in all of this? are you sponsoring anybody? why are you so content with having everybody wait out patiently while being in the dark about our processes?
His spouse is already here...

Reactions: Ksavier