+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Hi all... I was in the process to fill the TRV application for my wife. I also applied for her Spousal PR ... While filling the form there is a question:

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? Yes/No - The answer to the question should be YES? as there is a spousal sponsorship in progress?

apologies if the above question is already answered
You got nothing to lose if you answer YES and then add couple lines to explain in the box below.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
[QUOTE = "CDNsoldier, publicación: 8678194, miembro: 950154"]
Damas y caballeros,
¡Buenas noticias! Esta mañana recibí 3 correos electrónicos de CIC pidiendo (la cuenta de la esposa) iniciar sesión y leer las cartas.

La primera carta fue sobre la biometría y por cuánto tiempo es válida. Mi esposa hizo una biografía el año pasado para un TRV, así que no se requiere bio. La carta es genérica. Entonces, si recibe esa carta de información biométrica, es una buena señal de que están trabajando en su aplicación. Nota: mi esposa es de Asia y he estado lidiando con el VO en su país. Después de enviar un correo electrónico a mi MP y CCing, el Ministro de CIC, DPM y el Embajador de VO. Parece que su solicitud fue procesada en Kingston Jamaica. La carta de biometría tenía la dirección de Kingston VO en la parte inferior. ¡Los gilipollas en los VO asiáticos son despedidos! Jajaja

The second letter was for PPR and the third letter was the authorization letter to travel to Canada. Wife will be submitting her passport to her local VFS as soon as they open on Monday AM.

Keep sharing your stories and situations so others can be helped.

Happy days! Good luck to all my friends!
[/QUOTE]

Hello, I have a question ..... I applied for the TRV in February and they rejected me. Can I now apply to visit my husband while I wait for the AOR and will they give the TRV insurance to the spouses with that of the new permission to travel the spouses and main relative?

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello, I have a question ..... I applied for the TRV in February and they rejected me. Can I now apply to visit my husband while I wait for the AOR and will they give the TRV insurance to the spouses with that of the new permission to travel the spouses and main relative?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I Would say wait for AOR or at least sponsorship approval. I'm not sure what TRV insurance you are talking about here.

Reactions: KATHIA08

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Does anybody know what is "approved in principle" at what stage of spousal app it is and how much does it help a trv application? Many thx

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
Does anybody know what is "approved in principle" at what stage of spousal app it is and how much does it help a trv application? Many thx
This is a term used specifically for inland spousal apps. It means you have passed eligibility and may be waiting for medical And/or security and/or criminality. I do think for TRV assessments it can apply to Outland apps as well. My husband has AIP on his Outland app. I’ll let you know shortly as we are waiting for our visa response this week and have our authorization to travel under the exemption so far.

• Love
Reactions: KATHIA08 and Phalos

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Hi All,

I was in process of filling TRV online application for my spouse.I had some questions and doubts.It would be great if you can help me out

1)In the form 5257E for the question have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada,do we need to mention "yes" if spouse sponsorship PR application is in process.Also if we answer yes to this question do we need to submit Schedule 1 5257 form as well

2)If my spouse has already given the biometrics for her PR application which is in process,will she have to give the biometrics again for TRV application

3)Do we need to mention Purpose of visit as other and in the other section as COVID-19 ?

TL109

Aug 16, 2015
First of all Congrats @CDNsoldier on some success. Gives us all a ray of hope.
I am pretty much in the same boat applied for my parents TRV who are currently in the States got stuck at the biometrics stage. They had a TRV before but expired since their passports got expired and had to get a new passport. I emailed the travel exemption email since I am a Canadian Citizen and that would exempt them of the travel restrictions. The problem here is unless they give their biometrics their application is on a stand still. Do you think they can some how bypass the biometrics or do them at the port of entry. Stuck in a pickle.

Reactions: CDNsoldier

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi All,

I was in process of filling TRV online application for my spouse.I had some questions and doubts.It would be great if you can help me out

1)In the form 5257E for the question have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada,do we need to mention "yes" if spouse sponsorship PR application is in process.Also if we answer yes to this question do we need to submit Schedule 1 5257 form as well - Yes- Submit all required and optional forms

2)If my spouse has already given the biometrics for her PR application which is in process,will she have to give the biometrics again for TRV application. You should pay for Biometrics as TRV bio is different than PR

3)Do we need to mention Purpose of visit as other and in the other section as COVID-19 ? - Yes, that's the instructions from IRCC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
First of all Congrats @CDNsoldier on some success. Gives us all a ray of hope.
I am pretty much in the same boat applied for my parents TRV who are currently in the States got stuck at the biometrics stage. They had a TRV before but expired since their passports got expired and had to get a new passport. I emailed the travel exemption email since I am a Canadian Citizen and that would exempt them of the travel restrictions. The problem here is unless they give their biometrics their application is on a stand still. Do you think they can some how bypass the biometrics or do them at the port of entry. Stuck in a pickle.
Are they not able to get their biometrics done in the US?

shahmazed

Jan 10, 2020
I have a very basic question which I’m hoping the folks who applied for a TRV can answer for me! I am in Canada and My spouse is abroad, and he does not have a Canadian visitor visa (our sponsorship application is in process - sponsorship approved). Is he eligible to apply for a TRV? I thought spouses would not be granted a TRV since they’ve already expressed intent to stay in Canada permanently as part of the PR application, which is the opposite of “temporary” residence in the TRV? Any tips on how to prove ties of my spouse to the foreign country for the purpose of the TRV would be helpful!

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi Friends,

I have been following this post for sometime now with the hope of applying for a visitor visa for my immediate family members. It looks like only @CDNsoldier and may be few others have got lucky with the approval.

Just checking if anybody else got their visitor visa approved over this week ? Please do post as it provides confidence to others like me.

Thanks