+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
family ties + Limited employment prospects in your country of residence + immigration status
I do have a job .. I have + 20,000$ in my bank account .. i’m a resident in the uae since 2004
You are currently living in UAE and your home country is different? So, the family ties might not be there for you in your country of residence.

Alsa30

Feb 8, 2020
UAE
Category........
You are currently living in UAE and your home country is different? So, the family ties might not be there for you in your country of residence.
My parents and siblings are all with me .. and It is mentioned in my application with their addresses
almost no relatives in my home country which I have not visited since I moved to Uae
I have a very good travel history

they want to refuse for the sake of refusal .. I have zero doubts

Reactions: Chawais

Alsa30

Feb 8, 2020
UAE
Category........
Plus family ties shouldn’t be an issue in this specific request .. my spouse is canadian
i can tell they didn’t read my application and the new rules

Reactions: Chawais

maggarwa

Jan 15, 2020
When applying for a visitor visa are we required to submit biometrics again even if the biometrics were submitted for the outland spousal application?Is there anyone from India who has applied for the visitor visa under the new travel exemption for immediate family member?

I ask so because biometrics collection centers in India are currently closed and it would be a waste of time and money if submission of biometrics is a requirement and would be an impediment to the application.

Please advise. Thanks!

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Biometrics for TRV and Sponsorship are different. One cannot be used for the other. Once you do a TRV bio, it’s good for 10 years.

Your ladder sentence is absolutely correct.

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
Biometrics for TRV and Sponsorship are different. One cannot be used for the other. Once you do a TRV bio, it’s good for 10 years.

Your ladder sentence is absolutely correct.
Hey Buddy. Glad to hear about your successful application.

My spouse's file is currently in LVO- New Delhi. Waiting for AOR2. I applied for her TRV back in December before we filed for SSP in February 2020.
It was refused on the basis of her not having strong enough ties to go back to India.

Don't want to take a lot of your time, just a few words of advice on if I should go ahead with an application again and if yes, what are the most crucial points to take care of.

Thanks.

DigitalKat

Feb 13, 2019
Can someone link me the new TRV changes on june 9th to allow spouses to visit? I need to show this to my immigration lawyer who wants to put a application for me. We have the PR already in process with a AOR but I wan't to get all this rolling asap.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
Do these changes take more priority than the requirements for a TRV? If I apply, show proof that my wife will be in Canada for more than 15 days and show that she is my wife (marriage certificate), will we be automatically granted a TRV or do they still check for other tourist visa requirements that she will eventually go back to her home country etc etc?

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Plus family ties shouldn’t be an issue in this specific request .. my spouse is canadian
i can tell they didn’t read my application and the new rules
Although visa officers probably consider ties to Canada (i.e. your spouse) and any other pending application as decision factors, their task is to evaluate a TRV application on its own merits. The main objective is to ensure the applicant will and is able to leave Canada at the end of their stay.

Do these changes take more priority than the requirements for a TRV? If I apply, show proof that my wife will be in Canada for more than 15 days and show that she is my wife (marriage certificate), will we be automatically granted a TRV or do they still check for other tourist visa requirements that she will eventually go back to her home country etc etc?
No, the usual TRV requirements still apply.

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018

My spouse's file is currently in LVO- New Delhi. Waiting for AOR2. I applied for her TRV back in December before we filed for SSP in February 2020.
It was refused on the basis of her not having strong enough ties to go back to India.

Don't want to take a lot of your time, just a few words of advice on if I should go ahead with an application again and if yes, what are the most crucial points to take care of.

Thanks.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship

Thanks.
If her situation in India did not improve, I would not waste my time, money or energy. If she had good long term full-time employment, it would help.

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi all... I was in the process to fill the TRV application for my wife. I also applied for her Spousal PR ... While filling the form there is a question:

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? Yes/No - The answer to the question should be YES? as there is a spousal sponsorship in progress?

apologies if the above question is already answered