+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
We applied for tourist visa online on March 29th. We got to biometric stage and we are stuck cause all VACs in India are closed. I sent them an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with all of the details they require. How long did they take to respond?

We also have a Outland Sponsorship visa which they received in Nova Scotia on March 12. Still no AOR. This whole thing is so irritating lol.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hi did you get a separate box to upload marriage certificate?. I didnt get one so i had to merge it with the coverletter but i did mention about it in the letter itself as a list of enclosures.
I uploaded merriage cert Under “proof of relationship” I believe.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
ok what i meant here was that I didn’t get a separate upload for proof of relationship.
That’s strange, if you can amalgamate the marriage certificate with another document and still keep it under 5 MB do that and upload it with say your cover letter. Alternatively you can submit all the other documents that you were not able to upload on the online application via the web form and a LOE.

Alsa30

Feb 8, 2020
UAE
Category........
@CDNsoldier Congrats for your wife’s approval

Hi I applied for TRV on June 17th and received the refusal on June 18th
but the answer I got was different Than yours. The answer was that the officer is not satisfied that I will leave canada for couple of reasons …

We provided both proof of relationship and quarantine plan and applied the visitor visa under others then wrote Covid-19 in the description

I have my biometrics done and I did my medical.. I received their refusal before them receiving my medical results which was today !

Our Outland application is in process (stuck at London visa office) we submitted the application on October 2019
my husband (Canadian citizen) left comments on twitter accounts of the CIC minister the ambassador in uae and IRCC and others. We sent couple of emails as well ..

Can you please let me know from which country your wife applied her trv??

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
@CDNsoldier Congrats for your wife’s approval

Hi I applied for TRV on June 17th and received the refusal on June 18th
but the answer I got was different Than yours. The answer was that the officer is not satisfied that I will leave canada for couple of reasons …

We provided both proof of relationship and quarantine plan and applied the visitor visa under others then wrote Covid-19 in the description

I have my biometrics done and I did my medical.. I received their refusal before them receiving my medical results which was today !

Our Outland application is in process (stuck at London visa office) we submitted the application on October 2019
my husband (Canadian citizen) left comments on twitter accounts of the CIC minister the ambassador in uae and IRCC and others. We sent couple of emails as well ..

Can you please let me know from which country your wife applied her trv??
Did you get an initial letter approving your husband under the family reunification exemption? Just wondering as this is the stage we are at.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Did you get an initial letter approving your husband under the family reunification exemption? Just wondering as this is the stage we are at.
I don’t think we need that letter for applying TRV. That letter is required when we are going to be boarding our flight, no?

Saim Karim

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
I don’t think we need that letter for applying TRV. That letter is required when we are going to be boarding our flight, no?
Under the rule changes, immediate family members of PR 's and citizens do not require a written authorization from IRCC anymore

Reactions: nmatter

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
The letter is not req’d if you have TRV and are an immediate family manner. You have to prove to the airlines and airport staff that your family member in Canada is a citizen or PR and your relationship to them. If you can get the latter before traveling it will help a lot.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Wow...you really got lucky...good for ya
Imho, I think its very important to keep mind that he is an essential personnel (Canadian armed Forces, government security, etc).
So not sure about pure luck and seeing that another person got refused.

Alsa30

Feb 8, 2020
UAE
Category........
Sorry to hear about the refusal. Could you please share the reasons given by the officer?
family ties + Limited employment prospects in your country of residence + immigration status
I do have a job .. I have + 20,000$ in my bank account .. i’m a resident in the uae since 2004