+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New tracker shows background verification in progress but called IRCC and agent told me that security is not started, a bit confused

alishafiei

Nov 14, 2022
BCPNP Express Entry
AOR: May 13, 2022

My application has been through many delays and now almost 1 year later i am still waiting for my security to start since sending out an ADR on Jan 20, 2023. In the new tracker i have everything marked as completed except Background Verification, which was "not started" and finally turned to "In Progress" when my tracker updated on April 19.

Today I was able to reach an agent through the client support center to confirm that my security started but after checking my file they told me it still says "Not Started" on their end. I'm pretty confused, is the tracker more up to date? Could there be a delay on the agents side?

Last edited:

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
That is interesting. Literally everybody’s background was changed to “In progress” in the tracker on April 19th.

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
BCPNP Express Entry

My application has been through many delays and now almost 1 year later i am still waiting for my security to start since sending out an ADR on Jan 20, 2023. In the new tracker i have everything marked as completed except Background Verification, which was "not started" and finally turned to "In Progress" when my tracker updated on April 19.

Today I was able to reach an agent through the client support center to confirm that my security started but after checking my file they told me it still says "Not Started" on their end. I'm pretty confused, is the tracker more up to date? Could there be a delay on the agents side?
Background check encompasses 3 things : Criminality, Security & Info Sharing.
Perhaps one of the other factors’ being completed and/or worked upon currently.

FieldZhang

Jun 13, 2023
Hi guys,
I am also in EEBC type, my AOR is Jan23 2023. I just called an agent yesterday, and she told me that my eligibility, criminality are both passed, but security not started. Do you have any updates after that?

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
BCPNP Express Entry

Hi, you say every section marked as Completed except background verification, so when you login to IRCC tracker, what do you see in front of application status?

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
You are responding to a thread from April 22. Chances are OPs tracker details have changed.
I am exactly the same. I have everything completed except background verification in progress and also my last update is on 19,April,2023
Some people say that the decision has been made but your Agent doesn’t tell you that.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I am exactly the same. I have everything completed except background verification in progress and also my last update is on 19,April,2023
Some people say that the decision has been made but your Agent doesn’t tell you that.
There's no evidence that suggests that agents purposefully hide information. There's definitely a lot of evidence to suggest that they don't have a lot of visibility when it comes to your application (sometimes as limited to as what you see in GCKey), they do see sub stages like security, criminality, etc.

If your background check(BGC) is in progress from 19th April, you need to check with the agents what parts of BGC have been completed/pending/in-progress. Request your GCMS notes on top of it too.

JAVED65

Aug 28, 2023
what is the chances of visa approval as my eligibility has completed, biometric completed and back ground has been updated in progress, how longthey will take for decision

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
what is the chances of visa approval as my eligibility has completed, biometric completed and back ground has been updated in progress, how longthey will take for decision
Unless you are flagged in the background check and have dangerous ties, you won't get rejected. In fact, you can't get rejected directly at this stage at all - all they can do is to provide you with a PFL which you can respond back and clear their doubts.

Elena.qat

Sep 13, 2023
Unless you are flagged in the background check and have dangerous ties, you won't get rejected. In fact, you can't get rejected directly at this stage at all - all they can do is to provide you with a PFL which you can respond back and clear their doubts.
May i know what is PFL please?