+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new to this

hmmmyip

Nov 28, 2009
I was looking for some information on sposnsorship, read a little online but heres my situation. I'm 29 and my boyfriend is 30, he lives in Holland and is dutch (born there with dutch citizenship). I am canadian (have canadian citizenship). We met almost 3 years ago travelling in australia, we travelled together for around 4 months or so, I then travelled to holland for 2 months, came home got a working holiday visa for a year and lived in holland for a year. I then returned home for a few months then flew back over and stayed for three months, I am home again and want to sponsor my boyfriend, but have not been working for the last 6 months, I am job hunting at the moment, will I be able to sponsor him while looking for work? Do I need job first? How much money do I need to have to sponsor him? If I am going to college can I sponsor him? Can I have a parent help with the sponsorship? Thanks

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
hmmmyip said:
I was looking for some information on sposnsorship, read a little online but heres my situation. I'm 29 and my boyfriend is 30, he lives in Holland and is dutch (born there with dutch citizenship). I am canadian (have canadian citizenship). We met almost 3 years ago travelling in australia, we travelled together for around 4 months or so, I then travelled to holland for 2 months, came home got a working holiday visa for a year and lived in holland for a year. I then returned home for a few months then flew back over and stayed for three months, I am home again and want to sponsor my boyfriend, but have not been working for the last 6 months, I am job hunting at the moment, will I be able to sponsor him while looking for work? Do I need job first? How much money do I need to have to sponsor him? If I am going to college can I sponsor him? Can I have a parent help with the sponsorship? Thanks
There are three ways to sponsor your boyfriend:
  • As a spouse (you need to get married)
  • As a common-law spouse (you must have lived together for at least one, uninterrupted, year)
  • As a conjugal partner (you must prove that you were forcibly unable to apply under either of the categories above - in your case I don't think this one would fly)

When sponsoring a person in the spousal class you don't need to have a set income - you only need to prove that you are not going through bankruptcy and that you're not receiving government support.
Also, note that you, in either case, need to supply amply proof of why your relationship is lasting and true.