Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15 2010
File Transfer...
June 16, 2010
Hi

I am so relieved to find this site i have so many questions and have found tonns of answer that were very helpful.

One answer I have not found is to whether my wife can enter canada on a toruist visa and apply for citizenship in country. And if this is possible would she have to leave the country?

Thank you for all your help.

Jonathan

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hello,
she cannot apply for citizenship until she is PR of that country. If she enters as a visitor, and you decide to sponsor her, you will need to decide whether you will be doing inland or outland application. It's not recommended to leave Canada if you apply inland.

jtjf_1

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15 2010
File Transfer...
June 16, 2010
Sorry the stress is getting to me I meant PR

So she can travel to Canada on a TRV and then apply for PR as Inland or outland. This will work as well if she is bring her dependent daughter age 3?

Sorry for the ignorance just finding info in the village in Indonesia is a little hard.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
jtjf_1 said:
Sorry the stress is getting to me I meant PR

So she can travel to Canada on a TRV and then apply for PR as Inland or outland. This will work as well if she is bring her dependent daughter age 3?

Sorry for the ignorance just finding info in the village in Indonesia is a little hard.
If she and her daughter are granted a TRV they can come to Canada. You can either apply outside Canada or inside Canada. If you apply inside Canada it would take 12-18 months, applying outside Canada (your wife's application would be sent to Singapore) would take 5-15 months.

It's better to ask than choose to be ignorant... :)

jtjf_1

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15 2010
File Transfer...
June 16, 2010
Thank you so much this lifts a major burden from my shoulders.

So i guess we will need to get police records for both of them.

An other little problem we may have is my wifes daughter is her adopted niece. My wife had to adopt the niece as her mother became a widow last year when her husband fell off the roof of the church. She has 5 kids and can not support all of them. Will this be forseen as a problem in anyway?

second son

Dec 1, 2009
I am also a newbie.
I am about to begin the sponsoring process for my dad who lives in Trinidad. He is 83. He lives alone in Trinidad and visits us regularly here in Toronto. He finally recognizes his need to be with his family.
1. He is very active but has some health concerns - not life threatening, but concerns none the less. Will he be denied PR status if is medical exam is not perfect? How is this situation assessed?
2. He will have to wrap up his business which he still operates, and will want to continue to travel back and forth during the application process. Is this allowed?
3. How long is the application likely to take?
I look forward to your words of wisdom. Thanks

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
jtjf_1 said:
Thank you so much this lifts a major burden from my shoulders.

So i guess we will need to get police records for both of them.

An other little problem we may have is my wifes daughter is her adopted niece. My wife had to adopt the niece as her mother became a widow last year when her husband fell off the roof of the church. She has 5 kids and can not support all of them. Will this be forseen as a problem in anyway?
You only need police records for sponsored persons 18 years or older. Make sure that the police records are no older than three months by the time they arrive at the processing centre in Mississauga. Both will need medical checks done.

As long as the adoption is legal and you have all legal documents regarding the adoption in order it should pose no problems. Remember that all papers have to be in English or French or translated into either language by a certified translator.
second son said:
I am also a newbie.
I am about to begin the sponsoring process for my dad who lives in Trinidad. He is 83. He lives alone in Trinidad and visits us regularly here in Toronto. He finally recognizes his need to be with his family.
1. He is very active but has some health concerns - not life threatening, but concerns none the less. Will he be denied PR status if is medical exam is not perfect? How is this situation assessed?
2. He will have to wrap up his business which he still operates, and will want to continue to travel back and forth during the application process. Is this allowed?
3. How long is the application likely to take?
I look forward to your words of wisdom. Thanks
1. According to the CIC webpage an application will be denied if the applicant "is a danger to public health or safety" or "would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada", so I guess it's hard to tell. Being healthy is definitely better than being sickly though. :)
2. If you apply "outside" of Canada he will be treated like he has on previous visits. Make sure to give him a copy of the payment receipt though, so he can prove that he is applying for residence when he's crossing the border.
3. According to the CIC homepage it's 32 months for applications processed in Canada and 8-19 months for applications processed outside of Canada (in Port of Spain in this case).