+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New three day quarantine requirement

Indigogrl

Jan 31, 2021
Hi,
does someone have definitive info as to who the new three day quarantine applies to (the one that is estimated to cost 2,000 CAD)? Some articles on it specify that it applies to returning Canadians. So I'm hoping other travelers aren't required to do this and "just" need to do the now normal 14 days of quarantine. I'm looking to reunite with my partner using the imm006 form for extended family, so really hoping this is not a whole new roadblock for us.
Thanks for any info!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,
does someone have definitive info as to who the new three day quarantine applies to (the one that is estimated to cost 2,000 CAD)? Some articles on it specify that it applies to returning Canadians. So I'm hoping other travelers aren't required to do this and "just" need to do the now normal 14 days of quarantine. I'm looking to reunite with my partner using the imm006 form for extended family, so really hoping this is not a whole new roadblock for us.
Thanks for any info!

1. It will probably apply to everyone entering Canada by air. 3 days of hotel, if negative, the remaining days with an approved guarantee plan.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
"This new 3-day accommodation requirement will be mandatory for all air travellers arriving in Canada, with some limited exceptions. "

Reactions: Indigogrl

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hi everyone,

Do you know any exempted cases for these restrictions? I'm a PR Family Reunification, will arrive in Canada in March 2021. I will first arrive at Toronto Airport to transit to Montreal Airport on the same day. In this case, I will be quarantined in Toronto or Montreal? Which city should I input in the ArriveCAN application?

Thank you.

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

Do you know any exempted cases for these restrictions? I'm a PR Family Reunification, will arrive in Canada in March 2021. I will first arrive at Toronto Airport to transit to Montreal Airport on the same day. In this case, I will be quarantined in Toronto or Montreal? Which city should I input in the ArriveCAN application?

Thank you.
First POE

Reactions: tham_son

Indigogrl

Jan 31, 2021
Do we know whether the family member you're reuniting with can join you in the three day quarantine (and of course the 11 day quarantine after as well)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do we know whether the family member you're reuniting with can join you in the three day quarantine (and of course the 11 day quarantine after as well)?
For the mandatory hotel quarantine, no. Defeats the purpose of a quarantine then. You quarantine at your point of first entry. You leave the airport and are transported to the hotel.

Where is your final destination? You can quarantine for the 11 days if show that you have proper accommodations for self isolation. Some provinces require whoever you are with to quarantine too.

Indigogrl

Jan 31, 2021
Thx. POE is YYZ and then final destination is Cambridge, ON.
My gf and I would do the 11 days quarantine together in a hotel in Cambridge. I'm guessing it may need to be 14 days, since it may need to be counted from her first contact with me. While I could theoretically stop quarantining after the 11 days, I guess (would stay with the gf of course as time together is the whole point ;)).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thx. POE is YVR and then final destination is Cambridge, ON.
My gf and I would do the 11 days quarantine together in a hotel in Cambridge. I'm guess it may need to be 14 days, since it may need to be counted from her first contact with me. While I could theoretically stop quarantining after the 11 days, I guess (would stay with the gf of course as time together is the whole point ;)).
So you do a 3 day, hotel quarantine in Vancouver. You pre-pay and you can’t board without it. What visa are you travelling on because you may need written travel authorization. Then you fly to Toronto and do your 11 day quarantine at the hotel. If gf with you, she has to quarantine too. You need to order in all your food and not leave the hotel. Does the hotel in Cambridge know you are doing this? Check and make sure you are allowed.

Indigogrl

Jan 31, 2021
Thank you! And sorry, had a freudian slip, POE is actually Toronto Pearson but your reply still works fine for that as well, thank you so much.
I have an eTA and already checked with authorities to make sure it really is still valid. We also have written travel authorization (the extended family member one). We're pretty much set then right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! And sorry, had a freudian slip, POE is actually Toronto Pearson but your reply still works fine for that as well, thank you so much.
I have an eTA and already checked with authorities to make sure it really is still valid. We also have written travel authorization (the extended family member one). We're pretty much set then right?
Yes, you just need to book your 3 day accommodations through the government.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone already booked hotel for 3 days? Is it really costing ~$2000?