+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Toniato

Mar 19, 2021
Wow, cool you should be over the moon ATM. For me it was on 30th July and wondering when prolly today, if not then next week I guess. Its been at AVO since 15th Jan. But no medical request yet. Hope it comes soon my side. Please keep us updated as we go.
Thanks
Yes I was stressed and worried too it should come soon as my timeline was similar as well, just have to be patient it’s such a stressful process but the updates will come.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Yes I was stressed and worried too it should come soon as my timeline was similar as well, just have to be patient it’s such a stressful process but the updates will come.
Coolios, very positive now hearing your timeline almost similar to mine. I would surely update on any response.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Yes i got the csq since nov 2019.
Im trying to keep my head up.im at 22 months now...
Hi there, please is there any particular reason of such long processing. I am quite new to this group but upon seeing your timeline got shooked because I also got my CSQ and been waiting for update since nothing yet.

Bamola

May 19, 2021
Hi, i am new here. i will like to know of any update in accra ghana processing for spousal sponsorship.. my application was recceived on sept 24,2020. i received AOR on march 06, 2021 and file transfer to ghana notification on March 25, 2020. it shows no need of biometric since my spouse was denied last year january 2020 for student visa. i will like to know of any update on the month they are attending to now and anyone in the same mouth with update. thanks

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi, i am new here. i will like to know of any update in accra ghana processing for spousal sponsorship.. my application was recceived on sept 24,2020. i received AOR on march 06, 2021 and file transfer to ghana notification on March 25, 2020. it shows no need of biometric since my spouse was denied last year january 2020 for student visa. i will like to know of any update on the month they are attending to now and anyone in the same mouth with update. thanks
Welcome then to the forum, ahwell for now tracking their means of processing is very unpredictable I am of July application and still no medical request yet, but there are others of July, August and even September who have already received medical request and even pre arrival services. So it's just to be hopeful yours comes soon. It can be anytime. As for me I just keep wondering but prolly they have their ways I guess.

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Our file is back to In Process in ECAS! I know it is a small thing, but it is proof that it is being looked at. I’m so happy.
It had been stagnant at Application Received for 3 months.

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Pre-arrival and medical request received today!

Zino19

Apr 6, 2020
Hi guys, glad to tell you all, I just arrived Canada finally. So grateful to God for everything.

Just for your information, my time line is below. I'll also share the whole experience and explain all the much I can.

1. AOR: Nov. 15, 2019

2. Biometrics Request: Dec. 12, 2019

3. Sponsorship Approval: Dec. 13, 2019

4. Transfer to Accra: Dec. 17, 2019

5. Biometrics Done: Dec. 24, 2019

6. Medical Request received: Sep. 18, 2020

7. Medical Passed: Oct. 3, 2020

8. Pre-Arrival Services Letter received: Dec. 11, 2020

9. PPR Letter received: Jan. 14, 2021

10. Passport Sent to Lagos VAC (via DHL): Jan. 17, 2021. All I did was just send requested documents to the Lagos VAC and then I started receiving notifications via email on the whole process after they acknowledged receipt.
NOTE: If you the VAC you're sending your International Passport & documents to was were you did your Biometrics, you don't need to pay for Transmission Services. Just include a copy of the payment and consent form.

11. Passport Sent to IRCC by Lagos VAC: Jan. 20, 2021

12. Passport Received at VAC, Ghana: Feb. 2, 2021

13. Passport Ready for Collection at VAC, Ghana: Feb. 11, 2021.

14. Processed Passport Arrived at Lagos VAC: Feb. 22.
At this point you may be told to refer to the "Buy Services" page on the VFS website. Don't rush to pay anything yet. Courier Instructions will be sent to you on how to access the Courier services.

15. Courier Instruction Received: Feb. 22, 2021
I printed the PDF-format Courier Request Form filled it and sent along with proof of payment for for passport return and other required instructions via the same mail I received the instructions. At this stage, be prepared for a call within 2 days from the courier as the parcel is sent as "extremely urgent".

16. Passport & Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Form Received via UPS: Feb. 24, 2021.

I left via Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos and I had a nearly heartbreaking experience. The Canada immigration representative after viewing my visa first told me I cannot be allowed to enter Canada saying that "Immigrants" are not allowed at the moment. I couldn't believe my ears. I told him that can't be true as I would have known that a long while. To cut the long story short, I explained to him I was going to reunite with my spouse. He then began to make calls and make references to document on his phone about the exemptions, before he finally saw that PR immigrants later than February, 2018 may not be allowed entry, EXCEPT THEY'RE REUNITING WITH THEIR FAMILY. Clearly, he was not informed enough.

So take note, as far as you fall under FAMILY CLASS VISA going to reunite with spouse, you are eligible to travel. Have an e-copy or photocopy (coloured preferably) of your Marriage Certificate and Spouse's Canadian International Passport handy.

A PCR COVID Test is required and is valid for 72 hours. Note that the 72 hours starts counting FROM THE TIME THE SAMPLE IS COLLECTED, not when the result is out. Also ensure the 72 hours is within the the time of your last scheduled FLIGHT to Canada. For example, if your last connecting flight is by 12 noon (your local time), ensure the 72 hours does not expire by that 12 noon when you will be boarding for your final flight to Canada.

In my case, I had just one connecting flight:
FLIGHT 1. LAG (16/3/2021, 10:45PM) - AMS (17/3/2021, 5:35AM)
FLIGHT 2. AMS (17/3/2021, 11:50AM) - CAN (1.35PM CAN Time/8:35PM NGN Time).
So in order to ensure my last connecting flight starting at 17/3/2021, 11:50AM AMS - CAN is within the 72 hours, I took the Covid Test on the 14/3/2021, 3:25PM so it covered FLIGHT 2 departure by over 3 hours. Note, if your test doesn't follow this format, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOARD EVEN YOUR FIRST FLIGHT. I witnessed 2 persons who didn't board because they did it earlier. In one, the test was expired by just 2 hours but was still denied entry.

Also book your government-approved hotel for the 1-2 days before your departure. Ensure you've researched on how to book long before your Covid test and flight booking, as you will be asked to show proof of your booking. Absence of this too could prevent you from flying.

Download and fill your ArriveCan App a day or 2 before your flight and keep the receipt code.

On arrival to Canada, ensure your COPR is stamped by a border official. Everything was so smooth than I expected.

MY ADVICE: Try to leave as soon as possible immediately you get your visa because things are fast changing and policies could change at anytime that may become unfavourable.

I hope these information is detailed enough and helps a lot.
Thanks a lot.

Can you share the whatsap link for AVO pls

Reactions: themightynature

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021

fecharles

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
They are attending to applicants of September 2019 at the moment. Around 3rd to 10th September 2019 Applicants. So relax, you will receive good news

fecharles

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Precisely, they are attending to 15th September to 21st September 2019 applicants as at today