+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Mary244

May 24, 2021
I couldn't create an account for this PR tracker. Is it because my paper application is already linked to my GC-key account?
First name is your name and your middle name as shown on your passport, then last name is your last name. That’s should work

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Is it supposed to change? Cos I linked the application as per the email they sent to me
So you know where it says "Check full application status" on the table once you login to your account home on GCKey? When you click on that, under "Details about your application status", "Review of eligibility",
mine changed from: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
to: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." a few days after I linked my application to GCKey

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
First name is your name and your middle name as shown on your passport, then last name is your last name. That’s should work
Thanks so much for this information. It helped me to realize that I provided a non-existent email address (due to the omission of an alphabet) when I submitted the application earlier. So I created an email now using the wrong email id and it worked on the PR tracker. The tracker finally showed that a biometric request letter was sent to that email address on April 26, 2022. Therefore I just used a web form to provide details of this development to IRCC. This is a surprise that after linking the paper with the GC-key account using the appropriate email, I never received the update on the account. Please is there any advice or better suggestion to get this rectified soon. I believe that the biometric request letter must have expired, meanwhile, the PR tracker shows "waiting on you" for the biometrics section.

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Thanks so much for this information. It helped me to realize that I provided a non-existent email address (due to the omission of an alphabet) when I submitted the application earlier. So I created an email now using the wrong email id and it worked on the PR tracker. The tracker finally showed that a biometric request letter was sent to that email address on April 26, 2022. Therefore I just used a web form to provide details of this development to IRCC. This is a surprise that after linking the paper with the GC-key account using the appropriate email, I never received the update on the account. Please is there any advice or better suggestion to get this rectified soon. I believe that the biometric request letter must have expired, meanwhile, the PR tracker shows "waiting on you" for the biometrics section.
You may just have to wait for IRCC's response. I assume you've checked your message section on GCKey to confirm wether or not the letter is there? You may also send a email to Accra (if they are requesting biometrics, chances are your file is there already). Just mark it as urgent and state what the issue was. ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

truAmbitiousness

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi Cee Jay, I'm not sure tbh. I can share my timeline though. Our file was transferred to them at the end of March, and we got Medical request mid May. Completed the request third week of May and it was indicated passed two days later same week (we did biometrics already for prior TRV application). But besides a ghost update on June 1, there's been nothing since on our end. Hope this helps!
Our case is very similar to yours .. did you ever get approved for your TRV?

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022
Hello guys.

I got my PR email requesting for passport submission 3days ago and I submitted my passport at visa application center in lagos today. Got email few hours ago that my package dispatched already and in transit to Accra visa office... pls any idea how long before getting passport back? Thanks

Last edited:

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hello guys.

I got my PR email requesting for passport submission 3days ago and I submitted my passport at visa application center in lagos today. Got email few hours ago that my package dispatched already and in transit to Accra visa office... pls any idea how long before getting passport back? Thanks
Thanks for sharing the good news. So what is your timeline?

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022
Thanks for sharing the good news. So what is your timeline?
Application March 2021
Biometric May 2021
Medical August 2021
Interview October 2021
Pre-arrival email October 2021
Nothing Nothing Nothing for 9months
PPR email 4th July 2022

Last edited:

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys . Got the golden email for ppr on 4th of July 2022 .. Passport submitted at VAC in person on 6th July 2022 and was dispatched to Accra office same day from the notification I got. Pls anyone have idea how long to get passport back from Accra ?

Spousal sponsored ( Outland)
Application March 2021
Biometric May 2021
Medical August 2021
Interview October 2021
PPR email 4th July 2022

Really hoping i get my passport back before August 25th or anyone have idea if they gonna ask me to do another medical since my medical will expire August 25th? Thanks

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi guys . Got the golden email for ppr on 4th of July 2022 .. Passport submitted at VAC in person on 6th July 2022 and was dispatched to Accra office same day from the notification I got. Pls anyone have idea how long to get passport back from Accra ?

Application March 2021
Biometric May 2021
Medical August 2021
Interview October 2021
PPR email 4th July 2022

Really hoping i get my passport back before August 25th or anyone have idea if they gonna ask me to do another medical since my medical will expire August 25th? Thanks
The little I know, they will never request medicals after issuing PPR.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021

Application March 2021
Biometric May 2021
Medical August 2021
Interview October 2021
PPR email 4th July 2022

You have nothing to be afraid of. The visa would have been issued before August 25th.

Reactions: Babanee