+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
I applied for PR from within Canada in April 2021 but my spouse is outside Canada. As my application nears completion, they transferred his file to Accra visa office for continuation of his processing. My medical is done and I’m awaiting next steps to finalize the process. I am here in order to get the ideas on how to follow up my spouse’s application.
Hi Orlando. Sorry to hear about the delay in your application, we all seem to be in it together. It's tough. When did you do your medical? It seems IRCC picked up the pace towards the end of last year, but then again there are December 2021 applicants also yet to receive an AOR. There's very little pattern or logic sometimes to their process. But yours is certainly passed the processing time, so I suggest you send both an email and raise a webform. I did send them an email to followup on my spouse's medical, I got a response from them a month later. But we had done the medicals already, so they only responded letting me know my spouse's application is on the queue and no actions is required of me at this time. Hope the info below helps:

Webform: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp (Click on "Tell us more" button below and follow the prompts)
Email: ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca or accra@international.gc.ca
IRCC (for Canadian Numbers Only): ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ (Best time to get them is around 8 AM )

Another thing you could do is find out who the MP is for your riding and have them followup with IRCC. They have a more direct channel to IRCC, and have a shorter turnaround (usually 1-2 weeks).

Hope this helps. Hang in there, you are certainly almost over the line.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Orlando. Sorry to hear about the delay in your application, we all seem to be in it together. It's tough. When did you do your medical? It seems IRCC picked up the pace towards the end of last year, but then again there are December 2021 applicants also yet to receive an AOR. There's very little pattern or logic sometimes to their process. But yours is certainly passed the processing time, so I suggest you send both an email and raise a webform. I did send them an email to followup on my spouse's medical, I got a response from them a month later. But we had done the medicals already, so they only responded letting me know my spouse's application is on the queue and no actions is required of me at this time. Hope the info below helps:

Webform: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp (Click on "Tell us more" button below and follow the prompts)
Email: ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca or accra@international.gc.ca
IRCC (for Canadian Numbers Only): ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ (Best time to get them is around 8 AM )

Another thing you could do is find out who the MP is for your riding and have them followup with IRCC. They have a more direct channel to IRCC, and have a shorter turnaround (usually 1-2 weeks).

Hope this helps. Hang in there, you are certainly almost over the line.
My medical was completed on May 27th, 2022. Just over five hours ago, I received the portal confirmation email that says my application has been approved and that I should follow the process to conclude my application. I am happy everything is nearing completion. Once I answer their questions, I will be sent a portal link to confirm my address and upload photos for the PR card.

Thank you for the links provided. I am sure they will come handy in the days and weeks to come. All the best.

• Love
Reactions: Mary244 and Henry_S

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
My medical was completed on May 27th, 2022. Just over five hours ago, I received the portal confirmation email that says my application has been approved and that I should follow the process to conclude my application. I am happy everything is nearing completion. Once I answer their questions, I will be sent a portal link to confirm my address and upload photos for the PR card.

Thank you for the links provided. I am sure they will come handy in the days and weeks to come. All the best.
Congratulations! That's interesting! Didn't realize they did that! Congrats again!

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022

Hello Orlando. Stay calm everything is going accordingly but getting PPR can probably take a while. I started my permanent resident application February 2021. I live in Nigeria and my Wife is a Canadian citizen and applied withing Canada for Outland permanent resident Visa. Application sent to Accra visa office. Had my biometric May 2021... My medical August 2021 and interview was requested. Interview done October 2021..After the interview the consular officer told me my medical passed and interview passed, I should be expecting email for my Passport submission for PPR. I got Pre-arrival Canada email 2days after my interview and since then nothing up till now. My lawyer in Canada wrote to them and no response... So my wife contacted the MP office in her province with all the necessary info and we got a reply after few days that Accra embassy is way behind between 6-9 months for PPR issuing at the moment. The waiting is killing... its now 8 months after interview and still waiting.

Last edited:

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello Orlando. Stay calm everything is going accordingly but getting PPR can probably take a while. I started my permanent resident application February 2021. I live in Nigeria and my Wife is a Canadian citizen and applied withing Canada for Outland permanent resident Visa. Application sent to Accra visa office. Had my biometric May 2021... My medical August 2021 and interview was requested. Interview done October 2021..After the interview the consular officer told me my medical passed and interview passed, I should be expecting email for my Passport submission for PPR. I got Pre-arrival Canada email 2days after my interview and since then nothing up till now. My lawyer in Canada wrote to them and no response... So my wife contacted the MP office in her province with all the necessary info and we got a reply after few days that Accra embassy is way behind between 6-9 months for PPR issuing at the moment. The waiting is killing... its now 8 months after interview and still waiting.
Thank you for your advice. I am sorry for the long delay of your application. I can understand your concern but I also know that these cases differ from one person or group to another. I believe my husband’s application would move fast. I have seen some completed within 6 months here. Wishing us all the best in this journey.

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022
Thank you for your advice. I am sorry for the long delay of your application. I can understand your concern but I also know that these cases differ from one person or group to another. I believe my husband’s application would move fast. I have seen some completed within 6 months here. Wishing us all the best in this journey.
Yeah u very right cases differ cos i also know someone that got his PPR between 8- 10 months.. But that was before the Covid pandemic. All the best to us all.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
With regards to family sponsorship (spouse), does anyone know if Accra VO takes a long time or what experience with them looks like? Since the file was transferred to them in the first week of May (which they acknowledged), there have been zero updates. No biometrics and medical requests.

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
With regards to family sponsorship (spouse), does anyone know if Accra VO takes a long time or what experience with them looks like? Since the file was transferred to them in the first week of May (which they acknowledged), there have been zero updates. No biometrics and medical requests.
Hi Cee Jay, I'm not sure tbh. I can share my timeline though. Our file was transferred to them at the end of March, and we got Medical request mid May. Completed the request third week of May and it was indicated passed two days later same week (we did biometrics already for prior TRV application). But besides a ghost update on June 1, there's been nothing since on our end. Hope this helps!

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Cee Jay, I'm not sure tbh. I can share my timeline though. Our file was transferred to them at the end of March, and we got Medical request mid May. Completed the request third week of May and it was indicated passed two days later same week (we did biometrics already for prior TRV application). But besides a ghost update on June 1, there's been nothing since on our end. Hope this helps!
Thanks, Henry for the sharing. I will hope for the best.

Mary244

May 24, 2021
Who uses the new tracker? I keep getting these updates with nothing actually updated. Does anyone know what it means?

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Who uses the new tracker? I keep getting these updates with nothing actually updated. Does anyone know what it means?
It's normal. I get the same updates. Before Medicals it was almost averaging more than twice a week. Since Medicals, it's been only once. They just say it's been updated and specify the date and don't tell you what has been updated. I generally think it's a good sign. Means they are actively working on your file. Has your eligibility status on GCKey changed?

Mary244

May 24, 2021
It's normal. I get the same updates. Before Medicals it was almost averaging more than twice a week. Since Medicals, it's been only once. They just say it's been updated and specify the date and don't tell you what has been updated. I generally think it's a good sign. Means they are actively working on your file. Has your eligibility status on GCKey changed?
it still shows submitted on GCKey