+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New sds processing time of 20 calendar daya

Aashisahani

Mar 5, 2020
Has anyone received student visa within 20 calendar days as per new processing times for sds?

Last edited:

tepla_17

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
No. I submitted SDS application on July 17th from India and haven't received any updates then. So I don't think it is 20 days processing time.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
If you search this forum, a single EU national has reported being approved for a study permit from Hong Kong IRCC but has not yet travelled so does not yet have his study permit, that is it since 18th March.

Apart from that single EU national, no-one has reported having been approved for a single permit in the past 5+ months.

You can therefore expect a long wait for an SDS study permit approval.

Aashisahani

Mar 5, 2020
If you search this forum, a single EU national has reported being approved for a study permit from Hong Kong IRCC but has not yet travelled so does not yet have his study permit, that is it since 18th March.

Apart from that single EU national, no-one has reported having been approved for a single permit in the past 5+ months.

You can therefore expect a long wait for an SDS study permit approval.
I am referring to a study permit. Sorry for not mentioning that.

jumper1

Oct 23, 2022
I thought IRCC was still in sleep mode but the truth is, they're scaling their efforts by quite a bit. They've automated some stuff, got more staff on board, and have the Afghan and Ukraine refugees to cater to...it's a lot. Despite all this, they've begun going down to their service standards in other countries. It's just that the number of applicants from India shadows the number from other countries...so it's not easy to process such a vast number in crunch time.