+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Rules for Study Permit Applicants on or after June 1st

turquoiseusc

May 23, 2014
Okay, I am applying for school in Toronto around June 1st/2nd and I saw tha few new rules that are coming up. They aren't very clear about one:

You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.

I'm not a fan of vague sentences or statements, so you can imagine the look on my face when I saw the word "may". What does that even mean? I start classes in September and these things take 16-18 weeks to be completed, does anyone know if this is a definite thing? Do you need it or not?
I'm one of those people where I do believe in having it and not needing it than needing it and not having it. :'(

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
turquoiseusc said:
Okay, I am applying for school in Toronto around June 1st/2nd and I saw tha few new rules that are coming up. They aren't very clear about one:

You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.

I'm not a fan of vague sentences or statements, so you can imagine the look on my face when I saw the word "may". What does that even mean? I start classes in September and these things take 16-18 weeks to be completed, does anyone know if this is a definite thing? Do you need it or not?
I'm one of those people where I do believe in having it and not needing it than needing it and not having it. :'(
it depends on the country ur from ...so check ur VO application checklist.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
turquoiseusc said:
Hi

Just like Mead says check your local office's requirements for SP. It is entirely possible that even if one is not required, the VO may still ask for one