+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Rule for already approved PR applicants

dsr236

Jul 24, 2020
I meant the address to send the PR cards. I was asked if I have a permanent address in Canada for the next year. As soon as I told her no, she said that she will not be sending the PR cards to any "friends" apartment/house. She gave me the address change form (used to change address for PR cards) and told me about multiple options to get the card delivered once I get a permanent address.
Out of curiosity, are you planning on settling permanently or planning to leave after some time?

Also, what address did you end up providing them on the webform if you couldn't use a friend or family's address?

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
Out of curiosity, are you planning on settling permanently or planning to leave after some time?

Also, what address did you end up providing them on the webform if you couldn't use a friend or family's address?
I am back in US now but will move permanently in 2 months. I have a ups box address (that doesn't look like a mailbox address) that I have used in the webform. I haven't gotten any reply back from them since 25 days on the webform but we will see. I am in the process of sending my passports for PRTD to the New York VAC so I can fly back.

dsr236

Jul 24, 2020
The link does show the most recent update date but does not show 'what' got updated on that day. This update you're referring to came on the morning of 07/10. I travelled from the US after that and know several people who did complete the process. There's no reason for them to deny you PR status if you tell them that you are moving permanently. Once you have a counterfoil, its incumbent on them to award you as a landed resident. You may go back after that as there's no check/stop on your exit. But yeah, you might be stuck in US then for an indefinite time and unable to come back to Canada considering how well we are doing there with regards to COVID.

U-turns always pissed CBSA from day 1, COVID has nothing to do with it. But they still entertained those and they are still getting processed as per people who have posted here (would have to agree that this depends on the officer you encounter)

With all the +VE experiences, taking a risk to land was worth it for me as compared to waiting endlessly and anxiously for the COPR extension, which we all know would involve additional cost and time.

HTH
What kind of questions did you get? Especially regarding whether you are there to settle permanently vs. not?

Also, are you back in the US or are you staying on in Canada? Are you planning to return to the US?