+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Public Policy to exempt inland applicants for Medical exam

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello guys,

There is a new public policy issued today to exempt inland applicants from Medical exams for PR applications. However, the policy is not clear is it for only current applicants or new applicants as well ?. I received ITA last week for CEC inland, and I have not submitted my application yet. Will this apply to me ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

There is a new public policy issued today to exempt inland applicants from Medical exams for PR applications. However, the policy is not clear is it for only current applicants or new applicants as well ?. I received ITA last week for CEC inland, and I have not submitted my application yet. Will this apply to me ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html
Will depend on your age, medical history, when you did your last medical, if you traveled out of Canada, etc. This seems like a temporary policy to speed up processing. Would assume young people who have done medicals relatively recently and who have remained in Canada will be the ones selected. You will need to wait and see if you are asked to do a medical.

Akshay_ug

Sep 14, 2017
Hello guys,

Hey did you proceed with the exemption details as per new policy in effect? I believe you have already submitted your eAPR, so did you do a new medical or just the previous (within 5 yrs one)

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hey did you proceed with the exemption details as per new policy in effect? I believe you have already submitted your eAPR, so did you do a new medical or just the previous (within 5 yrs one)
I have submitted my application one month ago, but I am still waiting for their decision to extend it or ask me for a new one.

Reactions: Akshay_ug

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
They rejected my CEC just now, but i called IRCC and they are doing a reconsideration because the rationale of the rejection is that the medical was 12 months ago. With the new policy im hopeful that i can use my medical from my student visa application last 2017 to be considered

subhshiv1086

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I am in the same situation and looking for the answer? should I take the upfront medical check up or apply with the previous IME, appreciate the response here!

subhshiv1086

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
They rejected my CEC just now, but i called IRCC and they are doing a reconsideration because the rationale of the rejection is that the medical was 12 months ago. With the new policy im hopeful that i can use my medical from my student visa application last 2017 to be considered
when did you apply? did you get any news ? can we use old IME report/Number for submission of the application?

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
when did you apply? did you get any news ? can we use old IME report/Number for submission of the application?

According to both the IRCC agents I spoke to when updating my reconsideration, they said my old IME from my student permit is indeed valid and they see no reason why they cancelled my applciation. so Im not certain, but based on what they said, I guess you can

subhshiv1086

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Thank you so much for your response , just a small question did you apply when gbe temporary exemption given or before that ? That means after 28th June or before?

Reactions: sansmahi89

sansmahi89

Sep 25, 2021
According to both the IRCC agents I spoke to when updating my reconsideration, they said my old IME from my student permit is indeed valid and they see no reason why they cancelled my applciation. so Im not certain, but based on what they said, I guess you can
Did they reconsider and revert the rejection yet ? its totally irresponsible of them being ignorant about their own policy. If medicals needed they might send you a request in your account. This is totally unacceptable.

Last edited:

sansmahi89

Sep 25, 2021
Thank you so much for your response , just a small question did you apply when gbe temporary exemption given or before that ? That means after 28th June or before?
Even I have the same doubt. But that states already submitted and new applications to be submitted and pending applications, so he will be coming under already submitted category right.

Last edited: