+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New process for completion of CoPR?

periyarcanada

Apr 14, 2017
Hello Friends,

I would like to share and get your feedback on the email I received from CIC today.

I am CEC Inland and my current status: I have sent the passports to Ottawa office per the email - Ready for Visa and waiting to receive them back. My online application shows that it is approved and the details of the document numbers and the expiry date.

As per normal process I was expecting to get my passports back. I have travel plans to visit my home country for a couple of weeks after I received the passport and I was hoping to do the landing formalities when I re-enter Canada at the airport. However, I received an email from CIC which reads as below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear applicant:

As you have recently received your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) letter, we have selected you to be part of a new initiative that allows you to confirm your permanent residency via telephone. This new method allows you to obtain your permanent resident status without the need to physically go to a local IRCC office for an appointment.

Details:
Your interview will last approximately 15 minutes and is scheduled to take place on December XX, 2017, between Y:YYa.m. and ZZ:ZZa.m., CST.

Please note that this interview is only possible if you are inside Canada.

If this date and time does not fit your schedule:

· Please disregard this email. Schedule your in-person interview by following the initial instructions provided with your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) letter.

· If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled an interview at a local office, please disregard this email.

If this date and time does fit into your schedule:

· Respond within 48 hours to this email (IRCC.DNPRInterview-EntrevueRPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) to confirm your availability.

· Should you respond after 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.

· During the timeslot for your interview, please ensure you have a quiet space, your CoPR and a black pen.

· If there is more than one person on your application and they are physically located in Canada, please ensure they are with you for the interview.

General Information:

· PRs must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a commercial carrier to Canada. Please review current processing on our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp. Please ensure the timeframe set out above will not disrupt any upcoming travel plans.

Thank you and we look forward to speaking to you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am confused with this email and not sure at what stage I am in. Is it the inland landing process that they are trying to convert it to a telephonic interview? If yes, will it expedite the process of receiving the PR card? Because, this may risk my travel plans to India as I can't re-enter Canada without a PR card and getting a PR card would take at least 2 months after the inland landing is complete.

Did any of you go through this process? Any feedback and suggestion would be highly appreciated.