+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW PR

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hello all
Got my PR when landed and planning to apply for health insurance .
Few simple questions ;
1-How long does it take to get the insurance in ON?
2-All family members should be present physically or I can apply for my wife and kid (using the original documents)?
3-Are the insurance cards or documents sent to my PO box or I have to collect them manually?
4-Final Q; Can I use a friend PO box?

Thanks a lot

Reactions: markmark1983

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Three months.
2. Everyone must be physically present and living in Canada. No - you cannot apply on behalf of your wife and son.
3. Mailed.
4. It must be your residential address (where you are living).

Reactions: markmark1983

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
1. Three months.
2. Everyone must be physically present and living in Canada. No - you cannot apply on behalf of your wife and son.
3. Mailed.
hi , ive got a question here...
do we need to apply ASAP after landing for the health card? or can be it applied days after...
i have some information saying that the required days for you to be present in Ontario starts the moment you land and not when you apply for the OHIP card.meaning they will look at your COPR landing details...not sure...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi , ive got a question here...
do we need to apply ASAP after landing for the health card? or can be it applied days after...
i have some information saying that the required days for you to be present in Ontario starts the moment you land and not when you apply for the OHIP card.meaning they will look at your COPR landing details...not sure...
Landing date is when the 3 months start so better to get your longterm living arrangement sorted out then apply for the cards. Yes bring your landing document with you and the 3 months will still start from then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Three months.
3. Mailed.
Also can't be done while doing soft landing. Only can be done when you are moving to Canada on a permanent basis.

Reactions: scylla

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Guys
I landed then I left the country for a bit
When I get back then I apply shall it take another three months from application date ?

Last edited:

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Guys
When I get back then I apply shall it take another three months from application date ?
you can apply right away after coming back, but is not required.
OHIP will take 3 months to kick in, so can apply within 3 months from returning.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys
Yes you must show your new landing date and start the 3 month waiting period again except if you were gone for less than 30 days.

"Generally speaking, if you are a newcomer to Ontario, or a former resident returning here to live after being out of the country for more than seven months, the waiting period begins on the date you establish or re-establish residence in Ontario. You may also be required to be present in Ontario for 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date residence is established in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence)."

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

I am landing with COPR on 4th June. Do I need travel insurance at the time of landing?

Thanks,
Praseena