+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR (not landed yet) want to apply his wife(non-accompanying) TRV. Need help.

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Dear experts

I would like to ask if you can assist me to apply my wife for a TRV? Our situation is I recently received a PR visa in Quebec. My plan is to land there first in April for 10 days then return to UAE for the meantime.I got married during the federal stage of my application. She was declared as non-accompanying because our points did not suffice. I hope she could come with me to tour montreal and quebec city because travelling alone will be lonely. She came here in the UAE as tourist then eventually found a job. Will that be a factor for refusal?

In addition, she has no other previous overseas trips. We married last May 2017 and this can be a month advance anniversary trip. However, getting a TRV is very stringent.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Dear experts

I would like to ask if you can assist me to apply my wife for a TRV? Our situation is I recently received a PR visa in Quebec. My plan is to land there first in April for 10 days then return to UAE for the meantime.I got married during the federal stage of my application. She was declared as non-accompanying because our points did not suffice. I hope she could come with me to tour montreal and quebec city because travelling alone will be lonely. She came here in the UAE as tourist then eventually found a job. Will that be a factor for refusal?

In addition, she has no other previous overseas trips. We married last May 2017 and this can be a month advance anniversary trip. However, getting a TRV is very stringent.
This will be very hard to get since they will assume she wants to land with you and then apply for inland sponsorship. You will need to work very hard to prove this is not the case and show she has very strong reasons not to do this.

I mean the main question they will ask is why would she want to leave her husband and go back when she can stay?

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
This will be very hard to get since they will assume she wants to land with you and then apply for inland sponsorship. You will need to work very hard to prove this is not the case and show she has very strong reasons not to do this.

I mean the main question they will ask is why would she want to leave her husband and go back when she can stay?
Thank you for your response. I too will be going back to the UAE for the meantime. I dont plan to settle yet. She also have an employment contract here in UAE. Her sister is here in the UAE. We recently bought a land in the Philippines which we need to transfer the land title to our name in September. The plan for me is to land for days only and settle the next year. I wish I could be with her for those days since Montreal and Quebec City are romantic places. Plus, it is almost a month for our anniversary.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for your response. I too will be going back to the UAE for the meantime. I dont plan to settle yet. She also have an employment contract here in UAE. Her sister is here in the UAE. We recently bought a land in the Philippines which we need to transfer the land title to our name in September. The plan for me is to land for days only and settle the next year. I wish I could be with her for those days since Montreal and Quebec City are romantic places. Plus, it is almost a month for our anniversary.
I understand but they will assume you will want to stay. Again the main question you must answer is why will she leave. Land is not a tie especially since its in the Philippines and you live in UAE .. a sister is not a tie at least not compared to her husband. An anniversary isnt a good reason to go to Canada they will want to know why not someplace cheaper and closer. Employment can be a tie but it depends on how much she makes and how long. By itself its likely not enough.

You dont have to convince me I am simply stating what the Visa agent will see and look at.

Also working against her is the fact she came to UAE as a tourist and found work. The visa agent will want to know why she wont do the same in Canada.

Plus any travel to visa countries? UK, Schengen, USA, Australia?

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
I understand but they will assume you will want to stay. Again the main question you must answer is why will she leave. Land is not a tie especially since its in the Philippines and you live in UAE .. a sister is not a tie at least not compared to her husband. An anniversary isnt a good reason to go to Canada they will want to know why not someplace cheaper and closer. Employment can be a tie but it depends on how much she makes and how long. By itself its likely not enough.

You dont have to convince me I am simply stating what the Visa agent will see and look at.

Also working against her is the fact she came to UAE as a tourist and found work. The visa agent will want to know why she wont do the same in Canada.

Plus any travel to visa countries? UK, Schengen, USA, Australia?
Thank you for your very sensible inputs. I totally understand. Actually, we are aware that we have a low percentage of getting an approval. But still, we want to take the risk because it would be better to travel and explore with someone. If otherwise, rather accept than not trying.

Our salary is okay. That is the main reason that I would not settle yet and wait for a year more in order to save more money. Second, my school credentials also, I need to gather them in the Philippines.

Sadly, she has no other previous trips. Nevertheless, that is the main reason. I want to be with her in those 10 days.

Last edited:

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Thank you for your very sensible inputs. I totally understand. Actually, we are aware that we have a low percentage of getting an approval. But still, we want to take the risk because it would be better to travel and explore with someone. If otherwise, rather accept than not trying.

Our salary is okay. That is the main reason that I would not settle yet and wait for a year more in order to save more money. Second, my school credentials also, I need to gather them in the Philippines.

Sadly, she has no other previous trips. Nevertheless, that is the main reason. I want to be with her in those 10 days.
Hello

just try as long as your wife has all the supporting documents. I prefer to apply online since it is more convenient. The fees is only CAD100.00.

There are even applicants who were denied even if they have good bank balance as well as good travel history. it depends on our luck. There is no harm in trying.

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Hello

just try as long as your wife has all the supporting documents. I prefer to apply online since it is more convenient. The fees is only CAD100.00.

There are even applicants who were denied even if they have good bank balance as well as good travel history. it depends on our luck. There is no harm in trying.
Thank you Teolo28 :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear experts
She came here in the UAE as tourist then eventually found a job. Will that be a factor for refusal?
Since how long has she been employed in the UAE? Does she handle critical work responsibilities or can someone else handle her work?

Anniversaries, birthday celebrations and the like are not considered as reasons that necessitate a visit = No strong 'Purpose of Visit'

Thank you for your response. I too will be going back to the UAE for the meantime. I dont plan to settle yet. She also have an employment contract here in UAE.
What documents will she submit for her immigration status in the UAE + for her employment?

Her sister is here in the UAE.
Her sister would not be a family tie to return to the UAE.

We recently bought a land in the Philippines which we need to transfer the land title to our name in September.
Do you have plane tickets booked to the Philippines after your Canada visit? Do you have any plans for the land?

Our salary is okay. That is the main reason that I would not settle yet and wait for a year more in order to save more money.
Would your savings be adequate to pay for the day-by-day itinerary + hotel + airfare?

What evidence would you submit to prove that you (not your wife) must return to the UAE?

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
First of all, Thank you Bryanna for finding time to answer my queries. Please see details below.

Since how long has she been employed in the UAE? Does she handle critical work responsibilities or can someone else handle her work?
She will be 2 years here in February. Actually, she does not hold a higher position but assigned in different departments for the reimbursement of insurances in a Government Hospital.

Anniversaries, birthday celebrations and the like are not considered as reasons that necessitate a visit = No strong 'Purpose of Visit'
How about Tourism? We would like to visit Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa/ Gatineau and, Toronto (including Niagara Falls)

What documents will she submit for her immigration status in the UAE + for her employment?
Non-Objection Letter from the company, Copy of Trade License of the Company, Ministry of Labor Unlimited Contract Copy, UAE Visa ( waiting for renewal this January) , Emirates ID

Her sister would not be a family tie to return to the UAE.
Noted. Thank you. Will not include it

Do you have plane tickets booked to the Philippines after your Canada visit? Do you have any plans for the land?
Will try to ask the company to book in advance for us. Will the annual leave approval will suffice if the company cannot book our plane tickets in advance?

For the land, its a 4.6 hectare agricultural land, need to transfer it to our name. Basically it will be used for business in agriculture.

Would your savings be adequate to pay for the day-by-day itinerary + hotel + airfare?
I think so. we're earning more than 2,500 CAD equivalent each per month. Would they consider both savings and incomes? Or my wife's only. Planning to visit for 10 days only.

What evidence would you submit to prove that you (not your wife) must return to the UAE?
Flight and Hotel Reservations, Cover letter, Letter from me of my plans of not settling yet, Itinerary and activities.

If granted by the company, plane tickets in September going back to Philippines.

Additional Question:

Can she place my name in this part of the IMM5257E application form: '"Details of Visit to Canada" section? Considering i have not landed yet. I cannot place any address. Or just the hotels reserved?

Type the following information about the person(s) or institution(s), including schools you intend to visit during your stay in Canada:
  • Name (includes the name of a person or a name of an institution)
  • Relationship you have with them (friend, family, co-worker, etc.)
  • Their address in Canada (street number, street name, city or town and postal code).
If yes, Can I attach a letter of invitation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
She will be 2 years here in February. Actually, she does not hold a higher position but assigned in different departments for the reimbursement of insurances in a Government Hospital.
She must also include a copy of her employment letter + bank statement for salary deposits

How about Tourism? We would like to visit Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa/ Gatineau and, Toronto (including Niagara Falls)
She must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates.

You can provide a 'Letter of Financial Support' if her finances are inadequate + 4-6 months' bank statements (yours) + 2-3 months credit card statements (yours, if the dues are low).

The combined finances of yourself and hers must be sufficient for the itinerary + airfares (for both) + surplus (to prove a strong financial situation)

Non-Objection Letter from the company, Copy of Trade License of the Company, Ministry of Labor Unlimited Contract Copy, UAE Visa ( waiting for renewal this January) , Emirates ID
I suggest applying after her UAE visa is renewed.

All documents must me in English/translated into English by a certified translator

For the land, its a 4.6 hectare agricultural land, need to transfer it to our name. Basically it will be used for business in agriculture.
Do include evidence to confirm you will have the land transferred to your names shortly + ownership or financial proofs for purchasing the land

Flight and Hotel Reservations, Cover letter, Letter from me of my plans of not settling yet, Itinerary and activities.

If granted by the company, plane tickets in September going back to Philippines.
In addition to these documents, you must include:
1. Copies of your employment letter in the UAE + Leave approval letter from your employer + your work contract + your UAE visa + your ID + 1-2 utility bills + 1-2 work commitments that necessitate you must return by a specific date (with evidence)

2. Copies of your rent agreement + bank statement to prove 2-3 months rent payments

3. Any financial investments (both of you)

4. Confirmed flight bookings UAE-Canada-UAE for yourself (refundable/date change) for yourself for the same dates as her visit + provisional tickets for your wife (Don't book confirmed tickets until she gets a TRV)

5. Any personal commitments/family events to return to the UAE by a specific date (with evidence)

Can she place my name in this part of the IMM5257E application form: '"Details of Visit to Canada" section? Considering i have not landed yet. I cannot place any address. Or just the hotels reserved?
Hotel address i.e. bookings made in your name

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
You can provide a 'Letter of Financial Support' if her finances are inadequate + 4-6 months' bank statements (yours) + 2-3 months credit card statements (yours, if the dues are low).

The combined finances of yourself and hers must be sufficient for the itinerary + airfares (for both) + surplus (to prove a strong financial situation)
Thank you very much Bryanna for your invaluable feedbacks :) Noted on the above documents. Actually her money is more than what I have in my account. But will include mine as well.

Does bank statements needed to be authenticated or the usual mail is okay? Do they need to be converted into CAD in amount or AED will do?

2. Copies of your rent agreement + bank statement to prove 2-3 months rent payments
Actually we pay by cash for our monthly rent and utilities so we canit provide the bank statement for rent and utilities. How about the rent contract?

3. Any financial investments (both of you)
Hmm.. Considering that we are newly married, the land is only our investment at the moment aside from our individual life insurances.

Any personal commitments/family events to return to the UAE by a specific date (with evidence)
Is Birthday included in this? Can you specify other examples?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Actually we pay by cash for our monthly rent and utilities so we canit provide the bank statement for rent and utilities. How about the rent contract?
Rent contract + 2-3 months rent receipts (mentioning that the rent was paid in cash)

Is Birthday included in this? Can you specify other examples?
Wedding in the immediate family, milestone birthday or anniversary celebrations (with evidence).

Basically, you must provide multiple reasons to prove that as you will leave Canada, your wife will leave with you

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Thank you. How about bank statements? Does bank statements needed to be authenticated or the usual mail is okay? Do they need to be converted into CAD in amount or AED will do?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you. How about bank statements? Does bank statements needed to be authenticated or the usual mail is okay?
Not too sure about the requirement for TRV applications to the Abu Dhabi visa office. You could speak with VFS Dubai/ Abu Dhabi to check this.

Do they need to be converted into CAD in amount or AED will do?
Throughout the application, explanations, day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates..... it would be best to state all amounts in CAD and AED

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Thank you very much Bryanna! I believe your inputs are great help. Although we're uncertain of an approval, we're gonna give it a shot. Thank you again :)

Last edited: